Register now to get rid of these ads!

the new finnish guy....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by big shitt, Apr 20, 2016.

1. big shitt

big shitt

soooooo, i might as well introduce myself here.

my name is sidney karlsson, a dude who lives in the bush in finland, hobbies are, as ya'll might guess, cars. and more cars, some motorcycles, more cars, vintage hifi and even more cars! :)

this dude is borne in 1990, but i have a mental age of around twelve.. therefore many of my decisions are made purely on impulse and emotion, but sometimes they are based on rational thinking, not so often, but sometimes! :)

but this post is not to nag bout my mental health, so i'll tell you guys about (parts) of my history with cars.

my dad has been a huge fan of american cars since his teens, and have had a lot of cars in the past, and still has a few, for example, 1964 galaxie 500 2D sedan, 1964 fairlane stationwagon, 1965 mustang coupe, and some less interesting junk.

both my dad and i has always collected parts for older cars, so the inventory of "funstuff" is pretty good at the moment! (excellent for when one would like to build a hotrod!?).

first car i got. a BMW e21 with 1,6 litre engine which got repainted and lowered, pretty fun car to drive but serious lack of power. i got the oldest (and cheapest) car among my friends at the time when we got around. it was an ´82, all my friends was driving around in cars that were about 5 years old.... :-( booring bastards!
    currently on the bimmerfront i got 2 trackdaybuilds based on the fab e36 sedan body. but progress is slow..

but now for my history with heavy gauge steel cars!

my very first american made car was an 1964 mercury comet 404 project, which my dad gave for my fifteenth birthday, it´s still in pieces..

my second car was a 1962 lincoln continental sedan, which i got running with some carb and ignition tuning. beautiful car with minor rust and mostly intact, and very nice to drive! but it was in need of some restoration so i pulled the engine and trans, got the motor reringed an a set of fresh bearings (the trans looked like new inside, so all i did was some sealings) and was about to start reinstalling the package when a friend wanted to trade it for a whole bunch of fun stuff! and that was the day i knew a was about to be a hotrodder! :)

in exchange for the linc i got some usable tools, a chevy c10 longbed, it was missing the motor and bed, but the car was in decent shape, so imma slap a 350+th700 in the bay and build a flatbed for it and use it as a parts hauler/backup car.

i also got a 1934 ford commercial truck body + bed with a clean finnish title (which is a must to build a hotrod in finland) i also got a mid-sixties FE390 in decent shape with thunderbird valvecovers, which in my opinion is a perfect motor for the rod build! :) lycky me who bought a RUG toploader with FE bellhouse almost 10 years ago without any idea where i was gonna use it! :)

sooo, this is my basic presentation. btw, i might not be as good at english as i would like to be, as you might notice.

cheers!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome to the nuthouse. You will do just fine here. PJ.

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado

4. welcome, neighbour! ;)

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome from Finland!