Register now to get rid of these ads!

The latest 38 gasser project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X--GASSER, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Well now it looks like Ill build this coupe instead of the sedan. Dirty31 found this thing on some old mans property last tagged in 55. Dirty31 and Dirty2 spent most of friday afternoon digging it out, and considering its age, and rarity, it is in pretty fair shape. My father and I spent the better half of saturday cleaning it out. I filled 2 trash cans full of dirt, old oil cans, a microscope, Avon bottles, beer cans, toy cars, egg beater, parts of a Wurlitzer juke box, a red rider BB gun, tobacco cans and all sorts of shit. When I removed the fuel tank, the fun began. It was entirely full of a bees nest with pissed off bees. They came after me fast, I must of ran a half block down the street to get away from the swarm. Now that the car is cleaned out and free of a mini eco-system, I'll start soon building this thing using all the parts from my 37 from back in the day except the 327 that Dirty2 has now. I might use my 502 or one of my W motors for power, I haven't decided yet. The coupe is keeping the sedan company in the back yard while I form a plan. Its definitely going to be cool. Thanks again Danny and Rusty.

Attached Files:

2. a few more.

Attached Files:

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Looks like its got that Gasser attitude with the nose in the air!!

4. Rusty

Rusty

Reed, Glad we could help you. I got alot of cool pics to show everyone. iWill do it tomorrow. Computer just too slow here at home to download pics. Really hated to see the Coupe gone. Only owned it for about 18 hours. I knew you and your pops would take care of it and build something cool. I thought them bees were gona after the drive to my house. Guess they were waiting for the best time to come out. Anyhow thats cool and glad your dad was happy, Rusty

5. Dad is ready to pilot this thing. Get ready for some wheels up action.

6. Southfork

Southfork

Be sure to keep us posted on the progress as this thing gets built!

Hey, on the front springs, does the bolt in the front spring mount go right through the spring's front eye? that's the way it looks from the pics, and since I need to put a '38 Chev beam axle under my '37 coupe, I am interested in knowing how it came from the factory.

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

Glad I could help !!! Have a running 409 for the 327 ??? :rolleyes:

8. yes it does, mounts up like the rear springs .

9. 38ChevySS

38ChevySS

Looks great! Look forward to seeing more of your progress in the future!

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

Progress !!! Update ???

11. Looks like the start of a neat project. I am building my wife's 37 coupe as a taildragger custom, that is what she wants. But someday I would love to build a gasser style coupe. The stock parallell leaf front end is just waiting for a straight axle! BTW, a BBC will fit up front, although it is very tight. i put a 454 in my 38 with stock firewall, but the front of the engine is beyond the hood opening, so any work on the front of the engine is a bitch. i moved the radiator forward about 3-4 inche3s from stock.

12. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

gotta love those bees

13. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

what part of Carrolton are you in? I work out there now