Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Just another quiet hot rod day at Poppy Tony's Lowlids Hot Rod hangout.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

2. Hey Tony, glad to hear the day at the trim shop went well and I know it will work out for you, Mark is a decent bloke and he will work in with you I'm sure.

462dor likes this.
  3. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff, I really like the profile of the coupe , overall the coupe looks bitch in . The side Curtin treatment is also what I imaged in my head when we talked about it. My two young rudders look good next to it as well . Geoff I will ring you up soon for a chat. Gary I really enjoyed the time at the trim shop and looking forward to next Tuesday . Mark is a good bloke . Tomorrow Sam and myself are going to pickup the next project and we are taking the young rudders with us. It will be their first ever barn find old ford , can't wait to see what they say about it. Geoff what a surprise to see Spencer Tex old 34 coupe out in the sun and at Poppy's place your shots always surprise me at first glance , very good man .

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Guess I need to drag this thread back from the depths it may sink to if I don't.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jocktherock likes this.
  5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I should be working on the '32 crossmember I brought home from Tony's recently. Instead I'm changing wheels on some old '34 5W.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Then one thing leads to another.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

7. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

I need to go in the shed , but sitting here looking at the new shots ,which I like a lot but also have made my mind up to chop my coupe for sure....... and the wheels look good too, but still like ones we put on first.

8. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

9. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg McAllen Texas about an hour ago I stumbled across this coupe out the front of a bar

10. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg Walked into the place looking for the owner quickly walked out as it reminded me of the scene from deliverance the movie, I could hear those banjos playing as I was ordering a corona it was 35+ outside and I needed a beer

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tony. Yeah I think those wheels would look better with white walls on your 5W.
    Hey Tom. That 3W isn't our style of hot rod, but I bet it got you going. A shame you never got to meet the owner. you never know what that could have led to. Caddy looked good.
    I got the '32 centre crossmember all patched up yesterday.
    Tony, Darren dropped off some of the other engine stuff yesterday. Said he will give you a call soon!

Geoff aka whodaky

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a quick photochop.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

The last couple of days I have been painting a few things here in the garage. So today! have been doing a bit of striping!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yesterday I got the new Hop Up in the mail. If you haven't got it you need to get a copy. I subscribed direct to Hop Up in the US. But I believe Kustom Ink here in Australia will be getting them. Drop Wayne a line.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

jocktherock likes this.
  14. Nice striping @whodaky .

@tommyflathead looks like you're having a ball man, and finding some cool stuff to look at.

@lowlids I gotta ask, What's the new project? for you or Sam?

15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg I'm now in Corning New York I would love to find this!! Search is well underway image.jpg

Outback likes this.
  16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

That is for sale on the HAMB isn't Tom. Colorado.

I got Jalopy Journal #3 in the mail the other day. Another book well worth getting!

Geoff aka wohdaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Finished painting and striping my bead roller on Friday. Yesterday I assembled it.
    Also made and painted a tool caddy for when I am working on stuff, especially when I am under the hoist. I didn't have to do much to make it, as I made it from bits and pieces I had laying around here in the garage. Which made it a nice quick and simple project!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd, Outback and jocktherock like this.
  18. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Hi all,
    I end my trip this Friday getting ready for a return home and completing Ethan's pickup. I will however be visiting Lance Sorchik on the way to Newark AP.
    Wardog get ready for an update on that amazing 33 roadster it will be going by the time I arrive. I will try and post a video if I work out how to compress ! But let me tell you I will be very compressed! An old vintage fairdinkum dinner in NJ and a Rubén sandwhich and a yiengling beer !

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Good to hear you'll be back soon Tom. I know you will be very excited to be seeing Diane and Lance.
    Well I haven't posted anything in the last few days.
    My last post I showed the tool caddy I made and painted. Seeing as I was in a painting mood and wanted to use up the paint I had on the go. I thought I would finish an in progress project I had started a while back.
    In the middle of last year when I was working. The company I worked for was throwing out a big 6 drawer map filing cabinet, which I was able to save from the scrap bin. At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. But the plan I never knew I had evolved and the rest is history. Basically I converted it to a 3 drawer cabinet. The conversion giving one standard depth drawer and 2 deep drawers. I also put castor wheels on it, to allow it to be easily moved. When I did the conversion I didn't get around to painting it, so that is what I have been doing the last couple of days.
    The project was all about space management in my garage and this cabinet holds a real lot of stuff. Also the top area gives me a nice clean working surface for various stuff I mess with!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jocktherock likes this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

So today I have just been having a basic clean up here in the garage. But early in the afternoon I decided I should put some lines on my tool caddy.
    I decided to take progess images as I layed down this 'whodaky'.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Gidday Geoff Nice work my friend. Love the snap of the new Hop Up and the too die for mint grille.

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Gary.
    I am still trying to get the hang of doing these crazy bent and twisted painted line thingies. It shouldn't be that hard, as many would say I am bent and twisted at times.
    So just to add a bit more bending and twisting. I added some black lines. As well as some eyes in there. When I get a bit more time, I will probably add more black. Many would say that the original 'whodaky' didn't need adding to. But you have got to try things.
    Yeah that is a real nice grille on Tony's coupe. I thought the grille would really compliment the new Hop Up.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    jocktherock likes this.
  23. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, I love you're constant updates be it cars, garage fabrication or pin striping it's all good. Tommy, I'm waiting man. I thought I'd share the caps I received in the mail today.
    image.jpg

tommyflathead likes this.
  24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks Wardog. I try to post regularly, but as I have said in the past when there is little or no reponse ;one's enthusiasm to post it definitely tested. See I don't do the facebook or Instagram things. So I guess that keeps me out of 'the loop' that so many others may be in.
    I love the caps Wardog. So I thought I had best have a play. Damn it's to early on a Saturday morning to be doing this stuff. It really is testing my eyes and thought process out. Anyhow I hope you like it.
    I may post something later. But I have some work to do on the house today, so we will see.
    To everyone that sees this. Have a good weekend!!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Wardog likes this.
  25. So instead of my silent mutterings of "badass or haha, or man, that's cool" ... I'm thinking I'll type it in more. Hey Whodaky, this guy in north Texas digs your updates ... no worries here. I can't wait until the front beak on the coupe project gets finished up with your buddy ... but, all your stuff is right on. Luck, talent and good looks ... shit man, it can't be that bad ! Although ... I'd rather have your garage and contents, then listen to me any day !!! Yeeeeehaaaaa ! Enjoy the weekend, sir.

jocktherock likes this.
  26. Very nice @whodaky, I like wardog's coupe as it is but I think it's even better with your modifications.

I spent the day at the Geelong swap meet today with my uncle and his mate. Got a couple of things for the chev and some stuff for the shed. The swap was definitely smaller than other years but still plenty of good stuff there.

I also came across a funny coincidence today, We got a new puppy at easter and named him Hudson. At the Koroit swap meet a bit before easter Charlie bought some hub caps off Sam for our shed wall (not knowing what they were off) anyway I figured out today that they are actually off a Hudson. Kinda cool I think.

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Maybe I just over-think this stuff, I don't know.
    I was doing some house keeping here on the computer this morning. mainly deleting old e-mails.
    I found a whole bunch of interesting images and thought I should play with them!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd and jocktherock like this.
  28. Wardog

Wardog

You are a wizard Geoff. That is awesome. Getting the front down is the next job on the coupe. I plan on a chop but not for a while.

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Wardog enjoy mate!

30. tommyflathead

tommyflathead