Well Im at it again! I just got done chopping a '40 (Mexicali Merc) and now Im taking the axe to this sweet 39! So I got a call a few months back from a real nice guy named named Tim Kirkegaard. Tim lives in Denmark but purchased this beautiful '39 merc out of Idaho through the internet. His plan was to ship it back home and have someone customize it there, but his good friend Palle (AKA the owner of the Jack Stewart 41 Ford) said he should just send it to me since it was already in the states. Thanks Palle! So after some talking back and forth for a few days the car was on a truck heading to my place! Tim has been wanting a custom 39-40 merc for a long time, so when this super nice 39 came up for the right price he jumped on it! The mercs he's had in mind were JB's 40, my '40, and the Nachtfalter 39 built by Rudy Rodriguez. He really liked the slanted B pillar post on the Nachtfalter and the prototype idea, but he was thinking he wanted something that really looked like a pre-war or early post war custom which would be a little less chopped and not sitting too low. Tim was a undecided about how the car should exactly look so he turned to Rik Hoving to do some photoshop work, and to get an idea of what it could look like finished. Rik did a bunch of fantastic different images which I think confused Tim even more, but finally he came to one he liked. So then it was time to start cutting! Here she is in all her stock glory! As you can see it's a really nice car that has been restored sometime in the last 15 years. You know, with a car this nice and original it's sometimes hard to start cutting on it, so I had to think about it for a little while. Ok, I thought about it for 2 seconds, now it's time to cut! First thing to go was the fuzzy dice! Next I took my time and carefully took all the upholstery out and wrapped it in plastic so we can reuse it. After everything was out I braced the inside of the car and started cutting. I always like to start with raising the front windshield into the roof to get rid of the big "forehead". Next the B pillars came out. Then I cut around the back window 3 inches. Now the roof can come off! I've got more pictures of the chop in progress and will post them a little later. Just wanted to get the thread started.