Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Kid Gets It (i hope...)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el shad, Apr 27, 2016.

1. el shad

el shad

Took a few shots of my youngest playing in the truck. She seems to get it, or have it in her genes. Sure makes a feller proud!

Attached Files:

winduptoy, kiwijeff, indyjps and 4 others like this.
  2. hell yeah! that's awesome. mine do too, here they on a "Hot Rod Adventure" as they call it. 9 hours up to South Bound Brook New Jersey to get my 51. 20150426_110042.jpg

3. Looks like she's got it in spades. :cool:

Oh she must favor Mom. ;)

volvobrynk and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. el shad

el shad

YUP! Thank GOODNESS because I'm uglier than sin.

volvobrynk and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. el shad

el shad

That's bad ass Nailhead! Dad of the year stuff!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Their awesome! I sold the Jeepster this week, and when the new owners were driving it out of the yard, my five-year-old complained, "Awe, Dad, but we were supposed to clean that!" And then my two-year -old chimed in with some unintelligible gibberish in a tone supportive of his big sister.

They had taken a lot of pride in putting the shine back on the old NAPCO truck.

[​IMG]
    It was their idea to clean it up, unprompted by me. I just helped direct the effort to make sure it was safe and at least moderately effective.
    [​IMG]

Before:

[​IMG]

And after:
    [​IMG]
    They did pretty good bringing the color back to it.

7. I take them every where with me! the three of us are inseparable, and both can weld!

Barn Find and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. My granddaughter Veda don't have a chance,named after a hot rod pioneer and been around hot rods since she could hardly stand. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. Oh NO! You don't want to get me started talking about the kids or grandkids LOL. I love these type of threads. This is a photo of my grandson and his little service station. I think I posted it on a different thread before. So sorry if you have seen it already. I will look for a new photo and post it. Hope this thread takes off. Two of GODS best blessings are KIDS and HOT RODS! ha. ha. Thanks for the cool post. 20160113_140752.jpg 20160113_140806.jpg 20160115_233546.jpg Ron...

Attached Files:

Montana1, oldsjoe, Barn Find and 5 others like this.
  10. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

My kid has no chance. He's growing up in and around cars. He was in the pits at the drags a few days before he was born (he was early, I'm pretty sure he wanted to see what all the excitement was about), he's always getting into things while I'm in the garage, and when I'm gone, he makes Mom open up the '39 so he can steer the wheel and shift gears. Not a chance...
    IMG_4384.jpg
    IMG_4381.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg

...this thread should be titled "good parenting"

11. That's Awesome Ron. Love the little station. Can I be your Illegitimate Step son? you have to much cool stuff!

Barn Find and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. Jason, It's called never growing up. You have two fine HOT RODDERS there. Are they twins? Or I'm I seeing double again. Looks like you have lots of help. They will be fighting over your keys be for to long. LOL Ron...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

as long as she brings your ride back to you without any damage after her first solo drive in it

14. big57daddy

big57daddy

....and there are no boys with her along for the ride.

15. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461799713.745521.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461799727.370324.jpg

My step daughter learning the spray gun and stretcher/shrinker ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461799770.953769.jpg

oldsjoe, Barn Find and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  16. 36 Vick: BUY THE KID some shoes & gloves,please!!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great that she is interesting in learning - but, safety should be the priority with work boots, gloves while painting, etc when in shop - kids skin not as tough as ours

18. indyjps

indyjps

Cute. So what kinda truck are you gonna build for yourself, looks like she has claimed that one.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

people speak about Hot Rodding being in their blood when their kids enjoy the hobby. I have you all beat. due to circumstances beyond my control I have a grown up son who grew up not knowing I even exist. I recently found him online, he drives a lowered, wide whitewalled, early 60's ride. he has been to the Gene Winfield metal working class, and I actually saw him at Gambinos "Sit Down" a few years back. I have even seen his car in car show photos here on the HAMB, but I don't think he is a member here. it would be crazy enough if he was a Camaro guy or something, but this is the shining example of the nut not falling far from the tree.... if this sounds like you, call your Mom.o_O

20. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

Yes , i understand....

Please note, the metal I had her use was folded over on the edge. So she would not cut herself. Also the reason I did not let her use the English wheel, her hands are to tiny and it was unsafe

As for the paint and no shoes, I had a fan blowing out the door. Not that it changes anyone's thoughts on me being in safe....

I would not put my her in harm. Like riding in the back of a pickup, playing on a swing set painted in lead paint or using a shovel without gloves.

21. el shad

el shad

That's actually the damned truth, Indy. My oldest daughter drives my Jeep TJ, and my youngest called dibs on my Ford. No hunting rig or lowrider for this dumb gringo!

I'm currently working on my 72 K10 Cheyenne, but its slightly modern, and not HAMBish so whatever..............

It beats public transit, and all my girls are happy.

indyjps likes this.
  22. el shad

el shad

That is simply BAD ASS. Post a picture of his sled......

23. They aren't twins but they look just like there dad. Jake my oldest already has a 54 F100 that we are collecting stuff and working on and he is only 11. Aiden my younger son is 9 and has laid claim to my 51 Chevy. That's fine by me. It's understood in our house if you want a car in high school you gotta build it. So we are starting early!

24. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

My grandson at our Saturday get together at my buddy Charlie's garage. 1461904683140.jpg

25. clem

clem

image.jpeg
    This 5 year old is 27 now and building 700 + hp toyota's
    Maybe one day he'll get it....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    26 T Ford RPU and Ron Funkhouser like this.