Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jim Walker kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, May 4, 2005.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ruler!

BTW Anthony you might've gotten the wrong idea about when I was stunned to see how old you were. I didn't mean to say you looked old, it's that I was amazed that you had so much knowledge for one so young. When I was 30 I could barely wipe my own ass.

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Nads I knew exactly and appreciate the appreciation. I just flipped some dude out because I remembered the plate #s on his car from 10 years ago in Mich.

3. Rikster

Rikster

This is how Jim found the Sam Barris Buick in a field in Massachusetts. He had Dave Oackes do all the work to restore it into is former glorie. For that he used a Low mileage '50 Buick on which the grafted the original Barris body.

[​IMG]

here is a nice picture of the restored Barris custom, now owned by Curt McCormick.

[​IMG]

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Bigger pic of the Valance Chevy.Thank you all for the input on these cars,especially Rot 'n Kustom for taking the time to scan and post all the pics !

[​IMG]

5. randy

randy

Man. Obviously a custom grille on that red shoebox, but does anyone have an idea what it was made from? Really slick.

I'd love to steal that idea.

-r

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

stock Canadian Meteor

7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

1951 Ford Meteor (Canadian). You won't be the first...but it is a honey.
    Very hard to find in the USA. And usually found rotted in Canadam as far as I have heard!

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

51 ,no??

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Canadian Ford Meteor, 1951. Fits right in the grille opening of a '51 American Ford. They're pretty scarce; I've only ever seen one for sale.

10. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

51, yes. You got in before I had a chance to fix it!
    Do you stripe that fast?:D

11. Rikster

Rikster

12. Rikster

Rikster

The '36 Ford roadster shown before. Perfect 40's style custom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the best photo of the article showing a group shot.

[​IMG]

13. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The Chevy is now here in South Florida where many beleive it to be a Barris car,until I arrived that is. The owner is cool as hell and could care less who built it but would love to talk to Brewer since I told him the deal. The car is now cream and gold w/Buick trim and many bolt on accessories

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Now to really cap this post off there are two more shoeboxes. The first one was Steve Anglins unchopped black slammed arrow straight shoebox business coupe with a mouth full of 53 Chevy teeth and sombreros and another arrow straight chopped black tudor with crestliner sidetrim which Butch Bunn was selling for a while.

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Charlie Brewer fuckin rules.

16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is Steve Anglin's 1950 Ford coupe, from the November 1983 issue of Classic & Custom - photos and article are uncredited.

Bodywork was by Dave Brewer and paint by Paul Brewer of Brewer's Body Shop in Hamilton , Ohio: clean, smooth, and simple.

17. Rikster

Rikster

WOW, that is a wonderful "mild" custom... Perfect!

Thanks for posting these pictures (and all others!)

18. loogy

loogy

WOW..........That has got to be the most perfect un-chopped '50 fords that I have ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. The only thing that I would change on that car is................................. NOTHING!

Chris

19. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Thanks 00 MACK for bringing the Anglin car to topic and thanks Rot 'n Kustom for posting the pics ! I only can agree with Rikster and loogy.What a beautiful Coupe !!! I didn't know the car before.Now let's see the Bunn car !

Rik,thanks a lot for the black & white pics !

20. 00 MACK

00 MACK

You guys gotta see the other one. Oh and by the wat if any one has pics of the white prime chopped 50 Olds 2 door sedan,If Im not mistaken,Charlie Brewer chopped that too.

21. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Anthony, I don't know the Ford with the Crestliner trim you referred to ('49,'50, '51?). At least, I don't have any personal pics fitting that description and don't remember any magazine photos, either.

However, I do have two photos of a white and green Olds with Ohio plates from the KKOA Gettysburg Sled Scene East from 10-15 years ago. I have no more information on this car. When I went back for a closer look, it pulled away into history. Is this the one you you are thinking of?

22. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The 51 Olds you showed was never at Gettysburg,or was it??it was Hanover/Abbostown in 86. I was there that day. All I know about this car is that I saw it in Springfield the year before in red oxide primer with a black roof and insert in the side trim. The car I was talking about was a 50 owned by a guy my friend Cat called the pREACHER.

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

You may be right...the brain cells are decaying. I was at Abbotstown and the first few years in Bieglersville (Gettysburg) with the car in my avatar.
    It was hard to tell which from the background.

24. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

This '46 Chevy started out as a Hot Rod built by Mike Franzell. All Jim did to the already nicely chopped '46 was lower the rear added white wall's smooth hubcaps and skirts and painted it black.

Did he also add frenched '50 Pontiac tailights?

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Dont know,I only saw it from the front when it was a rod. Hey,you should know about thae black chopped shoebox with the Crestliner trim that Butch Bunn was advertising.

26. Mutt

Mutt

The olds pictured was still around the Hamilton area in the early 90's. I think I have video of it, but no snapshots. I'm not really a customs guy.

Preachers Olds was a coupe, wasn't it? I remember it having Fiestas the last time I saw it at the Pumpkin Run in Owensville in the 90's.

I need to get back to Cincy for a while and catch up on things.

Mutt

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

No Preachers car was a sedan.As far as hubcaps he was the kind of guy to run olds spinners on 57 Caddys with 14 " center bulllets. Charlie Brewer said he will be viewing this shortly.I just got off the blower with him.

28. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Im still star struck!

29. shoebox72

shoebox72

Steve Anglins coupe is to die for. Period perfect.

Throw us another Anthony.

Billy

30. 00 MACK

00 MACK

There was a white chopped 51 Merc at many of the KOA shows with light blue scallops and this black chopped 51 tudor that Ive been speaking of!