Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Hussy's Transformation!!! ('26 T Roadster)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What about a Stainless C-Channel cap that gets flush mounted bolts to top and bottom form the fire wall forward. To give the illusion that the frame is chromed. I had thought about something like that for my brother's model a but that's definitely entering the Show Rod realm instead of just a cool Hot Rod form the early to mid 60's.

[​IMG]

I might be able to do something like this with out taking the car apart but like I said seems a bit more flashy then I was shooting for. One of my favorite flashy cars is the Orange Crate sedan. I loved the engineering that went into that car and how the frame bolts together so they could fit it in the Chrome tank. That car has just the right amount of show and go.

Attached Files:

• Cap.jpg
      Cap.jpg
      File size:
      91.4 KB
      Views:
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well the bed is an idea it's not a certainty. I think I would like one but I am not positive as of yet. The stainless idea was something that I had in my head for my brother's coupe.

The fact of the matter is that I do welcome all the opinions and comments. The white frame is a great idea and one that I did not get a chance to think about much until you guys mentioned it. The problem is that I am not pulling this car apart for at least a couple of years so I was trying to work my way around the paint. There is so much other stuff to work on rather then opening up another perfectly good running car right now.

I am just daydreaming right now and appreciate encouraging words and ideas.

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Looks rad dude... I like the white frame...you would have to take it all the way back tho..
    it would look weird if just the front rails were done... also have you considered white fire wall??

love it tho...

4. I agree with Evel. Would look "half ass" if only the front were done.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thought about the White Firewall painted white too. The back of the frame rails look cheesy painted white so I think that if I were to do that, the Bed would have to be put on there to hide those rails out back.

I think that perhaps the Chrome front suspension should be done and see where we are at after that.

Chris, IVO's T had a black frame. I did not think it would look good but I think it breaks up the color and brings the focus on the engine, pipes, and body.

[​IMG]

6. Photoshop that motha with a black frame. I love black frames...white is just more "showy". I'll bet it looks better than you think :D

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Here you go Chris!!! Gold engine too!

[​IMG]

8. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, Easy Man, paint the WHOLE Fuckin' Car Pearl white, with the Gold engine!:D:D

Nick.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahaha!!! I should just tear this thing down and get it ready for Detroit Autorama next year with a whole new look. :D:D

Or sell it for a '36 Five window and some money so I can get started on my '32.

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I like the bed idea.

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ya just take it all apart... and start over :D hahaah

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's Royalshifter "T" that gets me. Every time I see it I think bed and top!!!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I figure the amount of times LiveWire has been together and apart whether it was Engine or Hydro issues it can't be that difficult!!! :D

14. I like this- no panel stripe this fucker with white, and you'll have a good lookin early 60's rod!!

15. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, you my friend have toooo many choices, mind you they're Great choices!
    I'm here tellin' you to paint your car Pearl and you've got a Hot Rod that WORKS so I'm no one to tell you how to build your ''T''! It looks SHIT HOT as it is, do what makes you HAPPY!
    I do like the idea of a '60's style Deuce for sure or a '60's style '36.As they say ''The choice is yours''I'll live my funky '60's dream through you and others.Which ever way the coin lands, I for one am SURE it will be a thing of taste and beauty!

Nick.

16. Oh, and maybe a plated grill shell

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

JEDI mind tricks!

Nick.

18. Bitchin DRuss32!!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice DRuss32!!!

What about LiveWire's Older Slutty Sister.

[​IMG]

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am just kidding around on that last one. The plated shell is a cool idea, what about a Deuce shell?

Oh and that bed is rad if I have not said it already!!!

21. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Your honour, I bring forth this evidence..........:D

Attached Files:

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's one of my favorites Nick! But it's all too showy for me. I am thinking more along the lines of a car that used to rule the streets not so much the shows. I want something that perhaps a young man built because he was influenced by early FED's and wanted to build something for the street and occasional strip use. Like the ideas though!

23. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, I have one thing to say and that is ''Surfer Scoop'':D

Nick.

24. If this is your train of thought then X out the white frame/engine. I'd do it black and dress that mill to the max. Make the main focal point the mill.

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

MMM sounds GOOD to me, I think I'm goin' the all black route meself now!

Nick.

26. chopz56

chopz56

I got this 27' and wish i wasn't laid off,cause seeing pics of your car has got me jealous,its killer!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You have yourself the beginnings of a Hot Rod my friend. That's looks like a solid start. Did you think about the direction of it like engine choice etc? What do you have conjured up?

Thanks man I really do appreciate the compliments. Let me know if you need pics of anything for reference. I would love to help out in any way I possibly can.

28. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Nice little T! You even got "rodandcustom" thinking the 300 Buick is a Nailhead!

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Street Rodder you mean? Yeah, I was just happy to me mentioned so the fact that they said that didn't really chap my ass.

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

For reference
    [​IMG]