Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hot Rod With No Name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Feb 9, 2009.

1. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

What's the deal with the injection fuel pump and the carbs? Loop the pump and run a regulator of some kind? ..Water?? Lippy

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah! Seriously! But, I suppose if you made a FEW sets, it would help recover the costs, right? ;):D

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here's another pic from the Pileup.

[​IMG]

4. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE your work!!! Just thought I'd pass along a roll cage tip.

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah. No problem. But I'm thinking that if the engineers at SFI thought it wasn't safe, they wouldn't give you a design that included that, and then NHRA wouldn't certify it down to 8.49ET. I try not to question guys that make four times what I do (at the least) and are charged with both saving peoples lives in the event to a catastrophic failure AND make your car light and go fast. :D

6. Thus my qualifier. :D Again, great work. Just a pet peeve.

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ahhh, I get it. NHRA. Hahaha.

8. PapaJ

PapaJ

Pics taken yesterday outside the shop.

Attached Files:

9. SteadyT

SteadyT

NEEDS A NAME!!!!!!!!!!

Car is killer guys.

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

From the first post:

As for the name, I asked Jody if he was going to name it a while back. He wasn't sure, but more than likely, as most dragsters get one. While listening to the Huckster play a few Saturdays ago up in Rockford, I asked again. He said, "yeah. The Hot Rod With No Name." Instantly I knew what he was talking about. Clint. Eastwood. I laughed and said it was perfect. Jody replied, "yeah, just like Clint. It'll show up out of no where. Kick ass. And then leave before anyone knows what hit them."

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

How are things coming along?

12. I am sure liking that Model A grill shell. It just works. Awesome work on this car. Neat.

13. BISHOP

BISHOP

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Your Chassis work is like a drug to me, I need to see more Kevin ! :)

15. true..

16. That's going to be badass! Excellent craftsmanship. The 28-29 Grille shell looks nice. No dice on the 39' Plymouth grille? I thought that would look pretty cool....of course if it was trimmed and fitted nicely.

17. kookee

kookee

HRCC guys are great. Talent, Vision, and Courtesy. I still want to get over to their shop to meet them in person.

I would call it the DAMN Coupe. Everytime I look at that coupe, I think "Damn! That is a nice coupe!"

18. 54BOMB

54BOMB

A question about the roll bar , you have those two vertical bars behind the drivers seat, I thought you didnt want bars so close to the drivers head unless you were going to be wearing a helmet all the time? Im asking cause I dont know , not trying to "stir the pot", or did I miss that the car was going to be race only?

19. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that 28-29 grille looks alot better than the plymouth, have you thought about a 33-34 ford layed back &sectioned w/raditor in trunk? what do i know just a thought

20. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for asking. The cage is there for racing. He's going to drive the car on the street, and there will be padding (required, helmet or no). So it'll be nice and comfy either way.

21. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We did think of something like that. But the idea was a guy building a car JUST for kicking ass. So all the frill that would go with something more show-car-like has been cast off. The design should stay on track with the original concept. No pun intended. :D

22. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wow. Thanks man. It always means a lot when someone says something like this about us.

23. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

I just remembered mocking that thing up a while ago with ya. You Rocco and I were scrambling to find wood chunks to get that hemi sitting right, haha. I think it was after the scout troop was there. Looking great though, i haven't seen it in a while....i need to make more ABN's:eek:

24. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We just finished with the doors. Guy On The HAMB is fitting up the new hinge pins now. I'll post some photographs of what it's like with the doors on it.

25. PapaJ

PapaJ

Not bad for a coupe...

Attached Files:

26. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I really,really dig the car overall but I really ain't feelin' the A shell. There's gotta be something better out there.
    Keep up the good work.
    T.

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

Updates Kevin?

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

29. PapaJ

PapaJ

What did you say you name was?

Attached Files:

30. PapaJ

PapaJ

Here are a couple of pics from a photo shoot with Vavoom Pinups (www.vavoompinups.com). Thanks Heather! Enjoy!

Attached Files: