Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs the hardest part is finding the parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Jun 30, 2014.

1. big M

big M

Most wagons of this era use the same door shell as the 4-door sedan, only the window frame portion is different. Spotwelds can be drilled out, and the frame can be switched to the sedan door to fit your needs. The quarter panel is a simple fix in my opinion also.

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

got burned for $2000 by these guys

3. There is a 4 door locally that might have a good door...

4. For what they'd hit him up for those parts, he could buy my buddy's whole car and come himself with a truck to haul it back there. Then part out the rest himself and probably come out ahead money.

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

I have a '59 quarter panel, but I don't know if it's sedan or wagon. It's from about the beltline down, middle of the wheel arch to the bumper. It's an older, unused panel

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here are some not-so-good pics of it

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I'm with everyone else who believes a good body man can straighten out that 1/4 panel. Something to ponder. I've seen cars that were wrapped around a tree get straightened out because parts weren't available

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

A gentleman that I knew in Fl who had a body shop would say"Hell,a little banging and framing and pulling"and you would never know that anything ever happened.
    Them hit and run types need to be introduced to a tall tree and a short rope.
    Hope that everything works out OK for you.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

9. 59 brook

59 brook

well i believe i found the door i need now i just need to get it to fla

10. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Well you are way down if Florida. I know a salvage in Oklahoma just a mile from my home that has some 58, 59 and 60s. I will pay more attention next time I go by to see if he has a wagon but don't think it would be worth shipping that far.

11. 55willys

55willys

I could straighten your quarter, unfortunately I live in Washington state, about as far away and still be in the continental US.