Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The HAMB Drags Are 1 Month Away! Are you Ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Jul 22, 2009.

1. RacerRick

RacerRick

If I get a car running in time, I will be down there. I want to see if I can get the rusty 55' on the road and take it down! Lots of work to be done, little time.

2. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Abone...are you driving your car all the way from s. C. ?

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep. Plus, after teh Drags, I head up north before going back to SC. Round trip is close to 3000 miles all together. It makes me nervous driving an 11 second street car 3000 miles to a drag race, but this will be my 7th year, and she is yet to let me down.

Of course, there is always a chance I will have to walk back to S Carolina, but it hasn't happened yet.

So what does that car of yours run? I don't remember your ET, I just remember it was pretty damn fast.

See ya, -Abone.

4. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

We won't be able to make it :(, but our Mufflers will be there :p, in the silent auction.
    Stop & check them out.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
    • 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      File size:
      137.7 KB
      Views:
  5. jangleguy

jangleguy

Grinder: It won't count as much as A-bone's long haul, but it'll still count to me. I understand - I have a similar car - goes low tens and I drive it around town, but no way I could be in it over an hour at a time. I hope to trailer it to MoKan some day...

But I'm hoping to see you two guys line 'em up this year!

Boner: So far, nobody can match you, freeway miles for ET, so your heroship is safe. But some day...

Hard to believe no one has stepped up to challenge the Flaming A-bone, in all these years...

6. Long as I'm there, you won't have to walk home.......so run the dog poop out of it! (like you don't anyway:rolleyes::D)

7. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

what kind of speed and rpm's are you running down the hi-way?
    i was just looking at my post and it sure sounds wineyyy...made me feel sorry for the guy. you're doing what hot roddin was ment to do! i may end up driving anyway...i'll need ear plugs and a gas mask.

as far as times, last time i was at mokan i think it was 12.something. i've since put a new clutch in it and i honestly don't know...i think it will be a little quicker now...but my main problem is i run out of motor at about 1100ft. it just falls on it's face. one of these days i'm gonna fix this motor for racing. i threw this thing together for a week end trip 8 yrs ago and haven't touched it since. that's why i thought a little tune-up might be good for it. might check the valves too.

8. Zeke

Zeke

Still waiting to see if I have that weekend off or not.

9. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Organgrinder...You hit on the rub of going fast vs putting miles on the highway. The first year of the Drags, I had a 3:00 gear and the car just plain sucked on the strip. (13.60 @ 104 mph)

On the way home that year, I started mentaly gathering parts for a quick change. Now she runs mid 11s. (Well...I guess the blower helped too...)

Seriously..the quickie is about the best thing I ever did for teh car. Five minutes in the hotel parking lot swaping gears and I'm ready to go.

If you are in the 12s, that is pretty damn good. Everybody THINKS thier cars is that fast, but few can actually get it done.

See ya, -Abone.

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

yup! :D

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Sinse Danyelle is "Lady of the HAMB " can I come ?

12. BinderRod

BinderRod

Didn't you have a run in with a tractor trailer last year?

13. Man, you really need to come on down. You're gonna miss a lot of fun!

14. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Hell Danny since you are a lesbian trap in a man's body, I think it's OK:eek::D
    The 55 should be a go by then.

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Cant wait to see that 55 ! Think it can hang with that bad ol mopar ?:D

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the thought has crossed my mind

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

I wanna race that thing......

18. jangleguy

jangleguy

And I want to see this thing paired up with the Drag-N-Fly!!! What a match!

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

20. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I would sure hate to miss that, let alone Organ Grinder vs Flamed Abone. Y'all are cut from the same cloth. Can I get race? Might be a street car though.

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

is the dragon fly still runnin???????????????:eek:

22. jangleguy

jangleguy

The Drag-N-Fly's going again, as far as I know. Organ Grinder VS Flamed Bone and Grizzlehopper VS Scorpion all sound like great matches, too. But Hog Mt. Dave, who would you race???

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah, it is running Sam. I have been down in Central America for the last couple of weeks. I got it out and drove it a little about a month ago before I left and it ran ok.

It's been a while since I had it out. You have probably bought and sold 10 cars since then.......

24. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I don't know. It's still iffy about going to mokan. But if I do, the coupe is good for high 9s. My street car is in the low 13s, '64 Chevy II. Anything close would be good.

25. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i'll run the chevy II and just skip 2nd and 3rd gear....you know 1st to 4th...seems i've done that somewhere before..lol.. man i hope you can be there dave!

26. jangleguy

jangleguy

You're doing a lot better than me! My race car is still just a shell. My street car should be in the 9's now, but there's no money to hit the track find out! Oddly, I will be at MoKan, but just to cheer you guys on (this year)...

27. Lets Do it! that would be KILLER...

T.H.

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

Excellent. See you there.

29. Glen

Glen

Dave, I might have something for you :D At least I can watch as your chute deploys....Im hoping for 10.10's on a great day.

I need to get a couple passes in on the new motor before I head to Mokan and time is running short for me. As of today, my rotating assembly is still at the machine shop getting balanced.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  30. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

If I make it that would be great. No chute though, not fast enough.