Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Further Adventures of a Car Dad and his Family PICTURE HEAVY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Awesome thread, thanks for posting.

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

thanks hopefully we will be posting stuff here for years to come.

4. loudbang

loudbang

Hell you have more "Real inventory" of good parts than our local so called speed shop has. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

els and enloe like this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

it's a sickness that I am afflicted with:)

els likes this.
  6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I WILL GIVE IT A TRY

I WILL BE STAYING IN LAGUNA BEACH

els likes this.
  7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Enloe, thanks again for the photos-always enjoy you sharing your adventures with us. Sam

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

NO PROBLEM HOPEFULLY WE CAN HAVE A GREAT MANY MORE TO POST.

els likes this.
  9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I took my boy out for his 1st driving experience yesterday. I took him down to the pasture in the 98 Chevy 4x4 and let him drive around there. I made him practice stopping and starting and using the turn signals.

els likes this.
  10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it's not car related but gearhead related. Today is my boys birthday he is 11 years old.

here is a pic from when we went to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green this year.

[​IMG]

els likes this.
  11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I went out and bought a bunch of magazines today. We are on our last day of vacation in Panama City Beach. I probably got 150 to 200 50s thru early 70s magazines. My son picked out about 30 that are 60s thru early 80s magazines. I will post a pic later.

I will also be listing some of them for sale or trade on the classified section.

els likes this.
  12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here is a pic of the boy going thru the stacks getting what he wanted. IMG_0380.JPG

Stock Racer and els like this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here are some more pics of our trip to Panama City Beach.

IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0376.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0383.JPG
    Here is my lovely wife riding the Sky Coaster IMG_0390.JPG
    My daughter Emma getting buckled up for the go karts she said "I am going to put someone in the wall if they get in front of me" I was so proud. IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0392.JPG
    The wife and kids IMG_0413.JPG
    Me and my wife of 23 years

Attached Files:

Stock Racer, els and Bean Dip like this.
  14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We loaded up and went to our local cruise in yesterday. Early in the day my son and I loaded up in the truck and took a load of magazines and some other stuff. I sold a little and bought a little more. :) I bought some little magazines. Then we went home and got the wagon and the girls and went back and hung out a while.

Then we went to Stevi B's for pizza:)

here are a couple of cell phone pics. I have a few that need to be resized and will put them on this week.

IMG_0382.JPG This is my wagon and David Orr's wagon kind of a before and after pic IMG_0384.JPG This 55 belongs to a couple from Hiwasee Georgia we met them in Bowling Green at the Hot Rod Reunion. They are good people and this car is awesome.

els likes this.
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here are the pics that I had to resize
    photo 1.JPG another pic of my car and David's I told him I would like to have some parts off of his. mine is on the right:) photo 3.JPG this car belongs to Kenny Buckner that is his cousin David's 55 behind it. They are good people. photo 2.JPG

Spoggie and els like this.
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Just to let you guys know my son and I will be in Knoxville next week to watch the Southeast Gassers race and hopefully be set up selling old car magazines. I have got a bunch of new (old) inventory the last few weeks.

els likes this.
  18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Come to Knoxville the 9th for the Southeast Gassers race we will be there. I am getting a bunch of old magazines ready to take and sell

els likes this.
  19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well the Southeast Gasser event that was rescheduled for this Saturday has been cancelled because of rain.

I will have to try to find something else to do tomorrow.

els likes this.
  20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Since the Southeast Gasser race was postponed because of weather we were hunting something else to do so we went down to Alpharetta Ga. to do some trading and visit a buddy of mine.

My son and I and two other friends of mine Darrin who I have been friends with since high school and Gene who helps me when I run into a problem (which is often :) ) headed out and made a day of it.

IMG_0388.JPG
    This car belongs to my Amigo Doug Hawkins in Alpharetta Ga. He owns Bowtie Customs. Doug has owned this car since he was 16 I believe. he used to street race it as a kid. It is a small block 4 speed car. He fired it up in his shop for my son it had the headers open and it sounded good.

Ethan was really excited.
    IMG_0389.JPG Here is the motor in it. He built it when he was a young guy he is 53 now and it still has 70 psi of oil pressure.
    IMG_0390.JPG This is his race car it has a Tunnel Rammed 468 ci big block and a 4 speed in it. It is an awesome car. IMG_0392.JPG Here is the haul of stuff we bought or traded for. I bought the MT valve covers and the oil pan from one guy and I bought the Corvette valve covers from Doug. The Valve cover monkey was on my back again. My son bought the Intake manifold it is a aluminum zz4 manifold. I traded a few parts off of my 61 Impala parts car for a big block Chevy motor. I did not have room to haul everything as Gene had already bought a 55 Chevy hood and a factory 61 Chevy wagon steel wheel.

I will be back down there the 2nd and I will pick up the block and some other stuff. photo.JPG Here is my son he was studying the intake he bought. He was really happy but he was also hot and hungry. Right after this we went to McDonalds for hamburgers.

He told me he had a good time and he got to see a couple of gassers and he got to see some old parts and even buy one. He is still ready to see the Southeast Gassers when they come back to Knoxville.

Stock Racer and els like this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well school has started back and it is homework every night for both kids and my son has football practice 3 times a week.
    We need to get back to work in the garage.
    We went to our local cruise in Saturday and hung out for a while.

I found out a friend of mine passed away last week he was a Hot Rod guy and a Volkswagen guy. He was a wealth of knowledge and he will be missed.
    R.I.P. George Rymer

els likes this.
  22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, you should have taken Ethan to Louisville. He would have had over 10,000 cars to look at.

Gary

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I would have loved to but our "Traveling" funds are low right now. I keep buying "junk" for current projects and future projects.

I need to list a bunch of old magazines for sale in the classifieds. Maybe I will do that this week. I have some overtime on this check but I believe I will have enough to buy some Stainless Calipers from a buddy who went with some big Wilwood Calipers for his Pro Touring Corvette. He had these on his car for 1500 miles.

He said I could have them for 200.00.
    He also told me he has 2 Muncie transmissions that need some repair that he would make me a deal on.
    It is time to start working on my Corvette.

els likes this.
  24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0395.jpg IMG_0397.jpg IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0399.jpg Well we went to Pigeon Forge over the holiday weekend. I took the kids up so they could play in the pool and ride go-karts and in general have some fun. There were already a ton of cars there for the car show coming up over the next 2 weekends here are a few pics.

els likes this.
  25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IMG_0126.jpg IMG_0130.jpg IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0137.jpg IMG_0138.jpg IMG_0139.jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0150.jpg IMG_0154.jpg IMG_0186.jpg IMG_0209.jpg IMG_0210.jpg IMG_0369.jpg IMG_0384.jpg
    while I was getting pics off of my phone from the previous post I was noticing a ton of pics I have taken on my phone. I thought I would do a "phone dump" and load some of these pics you have seen some before others you might not have. some are a couple of years old from the Hot Rod Reunion

Spoggie and els like this.
  26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I also had new car fever but I have fought it back instead I put wheels and tires on my truck and I ordered a camper shell

IMG_0394.jpg

els and Bean Dip like this.
  27. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

You guys sure know how to enjoy life...small things mean the most. Good looking family! Lockjaw Express...hehehe that's good stuff.

Curious what the name of the Orange 55 with the 468 is..can't quite make it out.

Oh, and please put aside a good set of tall M/T valve covers because I WILL be buying a set before this car is done and I would much rather buy them from you then just some schmo.....YOU HEAR THAT YOU SCHMOS??!!!....... ....Oh and a few 60's gasser themed mags...yeah-yeah that too!

28. Enloe - Great bunch of photos there! Of course, the gassers are my favorites.
    PM me if you wanna add to your wall art, saw a thing or 2 you have that I can make an attractive trade for. Your son's wheel is looking good!

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If I am not mistaken the name on the side of Doug's orange 55 is "Moral Breakdown"

els likes this.
  30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I just picked up a Big block chevy block heads and crank that will hopefully go in a future Gasser project.
    I am unsure what it is Which numbers do I need to look up to find out what the block is? it is a "K" block.

els likes this.