Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The FRAETON - 29 phaeton project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PurdueSD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Unfortunately it's not going to be in the cards to make this years roundup. We had our 2nd child back in Feb, another boy! Its been busy, but still finding some time to get out and drive whenever I can.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. cmarcus

cmarcus

Everytime I check back and see pics of this thing, the more I realize this is what I eventually need to build. Just absolute perfection brother!

3. Thank you both sincerely. I love this little hot rod!

4. I'm fighting a big desire to back burner the 34 to start working on my 29 tub. This thread never helps.

Did a top get made this winter?

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You have a '29 phaeton? Gimme.

6. Hah thanks, no top yet... We made a baby instead. We do have the top irons, Bob chopped them already too.

kidcampbell71 and Outback like this.
  7. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Great looking car.

PurdueSD likes this.
  8. haha. I've ben keeping it quiet. Tagged you on Instagram...

I guess that's a good excuse for not getting the top done... haha Congratulations!

9. Little bench racing here, armchair hotroding!

Threw this together really quick... :D Candy red, mild panel striping, white top with side curtains...

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.37.47 AM.png

10. Anything doing on this? Or are you too busy driving the hell out of it this summer?

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

You, Bob, and Jeff got me revved up with this Tub scrub...I had my '27 up on my '28 Chevy rails, nice look. But just a couple of glances at yours on the Deuce rails forced me to move some stuff around to set my '27 on the Deuce rails my '27 roadster was sitting on! Roadster can have the Chevy rails.

Can't lose my Deuce frame horns, but your nerf was shaking my confidence!
    Can't have both...so I'll tie my headlight posts together with the '29 headlight bar.
    Top bow and side curtain venture look great in your photoshop. Any chance of taking down that 'C' bow (rear) about 2-1/2"? I've got to plan for the same thing, only a 'T' is challenging.
    No fan of the 'high top' look, but a 'T' is NOT an 'A'. Windshield is chopped 6", (but it was TALL!)
    Did Bob fabricate the top irons from scratch? (solid bar or tubing?)

Congrats on the 2nd son.

PurdueSD likes this.
  12. The fraeton is up in Milwaukee getting ready to get some stuff finished up, the top/ tonneau made and some chrome. I put a ton of miles on it last year and am missing it big time!

Thank you! Headlight bar and frame horns is a great look, i went back and forth. Ultimately pinched rails is tops on a early A for me. The top in the photoshop is actually stollen from a picture of Paul Gommi's 32 phaeton and cropped on my car. Model A bows are more like the T bows. Bob chopped the top irons 3 " to match the windshield. Didn't touch the bows, just chopped the back bar where it hinges/attaches to the body and moved where it mounts towards the aft. The irons are repop model A. can't remember where we picked them up. Macs maybe...

13. Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how the top and tonneau turn our.

14. Not done yet, but the top, side curtains and tonneau are getting close :) Some goodies are off for chrome and the hotel is booked for LSRU.

IMG_7004.jpg

15. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Looking better all the time!

PurdueSD likes this.
  16. #neverlookback

IMG_7013.jpg

ratrodrodder, slv63, MJW and 8 others like this.
  17. Absolutely bitchin! I love the look - straight out of the little pages.

I can't wait to get started on mine. I have a hunger for side curtains and fall weather cruises.

chryslerfan55 and PurdueSD like this.
  18. Thanks chief, I am really, really excited. Cant believe the top is finally a real thing...

-and yes its getting a back window :D

19. Todd's Rod's

Todd's Rod's
    from MInnesota

PPG celery green (look it up) with cream and white pinstripping, its a really nice subtle color the IMO is very elegant and would look great on your tub

20. #roundupboundanddown
    Haven't even seen this thing yet! Can't wait to get to Texas!

IMG_7182.jpg

Outback, Luke W, patmanta and 7 others like this.
  21. Top and side curtains turned out great! Looks really sharp. What's with the colour change on the grille shell? Test paint of final colour?

22. Thank you! Yup, exactly.

23. It's a nice looking red. It'll look good with the whitewalls and a white firewall.
    Course, you could chrome the frame to keep things interesting!

24. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. hah! -you guys have seen as much as i have. I'll know more tomorrow when i get to ATX

26. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah... Lucky Bugger You...Get to go to the Roundup!...in a Snassy Tub!
    Pictures please!

PurdueSD likes this.