Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Flathead Rebuild: Part 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 8, 2010.

1. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

http://www.youtube.com/user/ryan1938#p/a/u/0/ZeDa1-63nVw

Here you go Ryan.......

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeDa1-63nVw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeDa1-63nVw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

2. If my monitor is any kind of accurate color wise I believe the color is Copra drab (possible in '32 it had a different name).

Hmmm, watching the vid it looks like it could be a dark version of chicle drab.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Jeffrey James, "This thing.....oh I would do bad bad things to it." The English Ford? Me too.

4. autobilly

autobilly

5. Uhm can go be the janitor? haha Bitch'n video and awesome thread. Sorry to hear about the destruction inside, but we all know them lil flatty's take a lickin and keep on tickin. They put Timex to shame.. hahaha I can't wait for more updates. any specs on the flatty ?

6. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Looks like alot of FUN!!!!!

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Oh yea, the shop looks empty (not a single person around). Is Vern on vacation?

Chris

8. catdad49

catdad49

That you got anything done is a flat-out miracle! With all that good stuff to look at and drool over, I would have been hard-pressed to remember what if anything I was doing. I know you boys will persevere and you will have to return to normal life, but I'm still jealous as hell, Cat

9. SocialD34

SocialD34

Wow! That just looks like so much fun! I'm a little jealous.

10. choprodinc

choprodinc

Ryan, you got it made in the shade daddio! Learn well my man, you're being taught by the best in the business... just bought a flatty for my 28, needs total rebuild and I'm hoping you can pass on some knowledge nuggets when your done. Lookin frwd to next post and PICS!!!!

11. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

I would do bad things to have it...:rolleyes::D

12. moefuzz

moefuzz

I can smell the years of spilled oil and gas from hear.

That place is amazing, a guy couldn't ask for a better roof to build Flatheads under.

man, If the walls could talk....

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Looks pretty close to UPS brown to me. And I don't mean that in any negative way, I like the color, very nice and elegant.

[​IMG]

?

[​IMG]

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

It looks like it might be "briarwoood brown" the color used on the back of 1940 Ford interior rear view mirror.

15. by the pics, it almost looks like you stepped back in time....besides the ranger tailgate!!

I'm sooo jealous

16. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

The color is Winter Leaf Brown, and it's beautiful. This has been one great trip... I think this is the most peaceful place on the planet.

17. Is Janet with youse guys? :rolleyes::cool:

18. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Wow you could spend hrs just walking around and looking at all the cool stuff!

19. Man, that place is heaven on earth. I love that Deuce roadster. I think this should be made into a two week rebuild. "The Cochran/Tardel ranch part 14". I'm sure there are enough goodies and video opportunities to make it happen.

20. Thanks man!

Jim

21. phlip

phlip

Like Johnjoyo said the roadster is winter leaf brown. There were two winter leaf browns for '32 winter leaf brown light and dark. Thats the dark. The light was the body color the dark was the moulding color. I think you could get it opposite as well.

22. Ryan, its a "rough life"......but somebody has to do it:rolleyes:
    Keep it coming

23. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

FYI: Vern told me it's a 1935 color, but the books say 1932- 1936 is was available. I know there was a light and a dark version of it...

24. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Yes- My Merc is "Garnet Maroon" a stock '39 color, but I'm pretty sure it was born in Dartmouth Green...

25. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

It's looks like it's shaping up to be one hell of an adventure.

26. autobilly

autobilly

Although somewhat "cluttered", the shop looks very clean and is obviously full of treasure. Thanks for the walk through.

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It would be great if you guys could find out the size tires on the roadster AND the pickup...purdy please.

The rear wheels on the roadster look to be 18's, not sure if the fronts are 18's or 17's.

inquirin' minds...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Pretty good for a tuesday, if you're into that sort of thing...

...seriously, livin' the dream. Awesome.

29. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Keith and Vern are two really great guys! Vern has been doing this at his shop for a long time and he knows what is valuable and if it is a good deal and because of that he has lots of great stuff. Last time I was by Vern said he was going to take a couple of months off and it looks like he has but Keith said he had lots of projects going. How about a pic of the lakester that he is building? Maybe I should just stop by, as I live about 5 miles from the "farm". I just hate to interrupt Keith when he is on a roll! Again great guys and a real neat place to see.

Rex

30. Labold

Labold

I love it when a plan comes together.