Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Finished" GREASE cut out of a '56 Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOM KITCHEN, Mar 30, 2009.

1. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Well, after countless hours of FUN and the help of some good POSITIVE friends, I delivered the car to the Director of the play. He was so overwhelmed he fell on the ground when he saw the finished side. We took a picture of my "real" Victoria and put it on Vinyal-to-the-car ( by Mickey Kempgens). This may start a whole new "Rat-Rod" trend! Anyway, I'm happy now...the kids LOVE it and are fighting over who gets to drive it in the play. Tom Kitchen
    P.S. I'll fill you in on some of the "challenges" later.

Attached Files:

2. great job......that car may last for years doing the HS grease tour

3. cool! good job indeed

4. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Epic!!! Its great you did this for the kids. Another reason I love the HAMB - positive interactions with kids and cars.

5. phukinartie

phukinartie

6. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Some more general info:The doors do still work, but hard to open & close with someone in the car (body flexes). I put floor runner rubber over tops of doors/quarters and all around inside windshield for safety and also fastened doors shut so no "stage-malfunctions". Hey, they are teenagers, they can easily leap in & out. Padded rear package shelf. Cable trunk latch above LH taillight. Seats a conglomeration of leftovers & painted. Put a lawn-tractor battery & switch so lights work. Whitewalls painted on with Mobil home roof paint (thanks H.A.M.B.). Lake pipe from an exhaust pipe and painted Chrome. Old Sunliner side emblem. Hood re-inforced with square tubing so they can dance on it. So much rust would fall out where the bottoms of the rockers used to be that I screwed some sheet metal pieces on and filled them with that house expandable foam (Great-Stuff), let dry and expand, then cut off extra with a hack saw blade. Found out about that trick AFTER I bought a Mustang one time that had the torque boxes "fixed" that way then fiberglassed over so they looked good at a casual glance.
    I can't thank Teddy, Mickey, Lee and Roger enough for all the help they provided. The show is April 16, 17 & 18. Tom

7. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

That came out GREAT! I'm sure it will be the hit of the play. You may want to offer it to other schools, it my become a local celeb on it's own.

8. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Going to the Charlotte meet to try and sell my 1957 Ford "Fireball" Roberts Supercharged Replica (can Google a Circle Track Mag article). Back on a computer Monday or so. Tom

9. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Btt for a "newbie" to H.A.M.B. to locate.

10. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

The play is this Thur, Fri. & Sat.(16th-18th) at 7:30 at Shorecrest Preparatory School, 5101 1 St.N., ST Petersburg, FL. (take 54th Ave. East off I-275 to dead end into !St., turn Right then Left into school lot).Tickets are $15.00 and they do sell out!

11. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Noticed the "Grease" comments, so had to bring this back. I also put one on before this totled "I cut up a '56 Ford" . Tom

12. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

A HAMBer was asking about '56 Fords....here is one!