Register now to get rid of these ads!

The FED Experience

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Rand Man

Rand Man

You did good Kerry. I was finding several small bugs in the new setup on my FED. They added up to me feeling like an ass. I've since discovered the trans-brake is not holding. I see now how having Rooman drive was a good idea. An experienced driver has the ability to identify problems, where the newbe blames driver error.

2. Kerry,
    I first met you when you drove your Hemi Coupe to DOTD and camped out under the "cover"...(I was running a little chopped, Blown Flathead 32 3w).

I am so happy for you to be running your new toy, and have been following it during your build.....CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU:D!!!

I now have 23 passes on my little "home brewed FED" and now am feeling as if I am "working out the bugs and getting familiar with driving it:cool:"....It's sorta hard to describe to folks.....but it is "different".....and I see that you used the "addicted" word.....HAHAHA.....I understand.

I'll have to get ol Blake to do some video shots of the little Flathead Rail at DOTD Oct 1st(hope you can make that one) so I can post them here!

Again....a great big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!!!!!

3. Hi Scott, Sure, how could I forget! Sweet flatty! :)

I've not given a whole lot of thought to the DOTD's but I'll keep it in mind. MAD has a nostalgia deal Sept 23-25, and Mokan has theirs Oct 9 I believe. I could be busy racing but there are alot of things I need to sort out on the digger and finish on the wagon.

DRCRACECAR, OK, OK I got it! Not sure what you want me to do as I can't go back and undo it. It was not a malicious deal but one of ignorance. You've made your point. I'll be bringing my stands from here on in.

If you do have an issue with another person, use the personal message feature next time instead of introducing drama to everyone. You can even bust my chops further if you like, just send me a PM and keep it off of the thread.

Ryan, got any pictures of you and your digger adventure?

4. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Kerry,
    My mistake as I was not refering to you, but to Foolroadster, I am sorry that I wasnt clear on that. You are now aware of the driver in a running car rule and it is done-over with on my side.
    Continued happiness with your car.

Attached Files:

5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Sweet - congrats! Perseverance sure does pay off!!!

6. Heck I'm grinnin too... I like the tow car as well!

7. Kerry,
    Great to meet again and watch you get a feel of something more powerful in your hands and to show respect for your experience on the track.
    Gotta hand it to both Kerry and Rooman. If Rooman felt something was wrong, the video would've been different.
    Great weekend!

8. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Kerry you did great man. Here's an interesting shot. :D

Gil Gilette. [​IMG]

9. Neat video. Getting used to a new car is sometimes, well, interesting..... sorry I did not get to make MOKAN this year, Bonneville took the wind out of my sails and my $$$$ Glad to see there was fun to be had.

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Amen Roo......

Kerry, Ultra Bitchin!!!! I'm stoked for ya!

~Robert M.

11. wsdad

wsdad

In spite of my spiffy avatar, I've never drag raced. So I have a newbie question about the water burnout: The tire spin cleans the water off the rear tires but, in the video, the front tires are still wet. It looks like they would act like two skinny paint rollers and lay down a strip of water just in front of the rear tires that are already on the ragged edge of traction. It probably wouldn't last for more than a few feet but it seems every little fraction of a second is important in drag racing. Would it matter much if they were dried off? Or does it just not affect the traction that much?

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I think by the time you get to the starting line it is negligible. A lot of doorslammer guys go around the water then backup into it. Lippy

13. BLTNTBT

BLTNTBT

That was way cool..My blood pumper was thumping when he was gettin straped in!! Man I gotta get into one of them FEDs. Thanks for posting