Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

now THAT'S a special guest star!

2. magnet

magnet

Sweet.. Nads.. that will rock!

I am working on the new site.. taking the opportunity to revamp the czar site and build a fresh new hunnert car heads up site.

So in May, all the details about criteria, vendor and sponsor registration, and all the other stuff like camping and maps etc will be up.

After hitting the roundup last weekend.. i am even more excited about the show.. we should have some good turnout.. and see some sweet tin. And i am super happy we have the Bombers helpin out with the swap.

I think... i might even drive my own car to the show this year.

3. chopz56

chopz56

This year will mark 6 years in a row for myself and my wife for going!For some of us it's a get away, for some it's a reuinon of sorts,but we go because it's simply a badass show to attend and volunteer for!We party our asses off the night before and we always hate driving home when it's all over because we know it might be another year before we see each other again.I can honestly say that i never met anyone that i didn't enjoy talking to and hanging out with!...........So to sum it all up,if you don't want to have a great time and put some damn miles on your car for God sake then stay home and dream about going for another year while we are there having a blast!........P.S. The first year my wife and i went,our car wasn't ready but as soon as i got home i started thrashing an then i met a bunch of guys that helped me with my car and we drove down and hung out with them the next year and have been going ever sense..........THANKS GUYS,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

Everyone loves it when a newbie's first post is SPAM. Oh, where have our manners gone? :)

That Friday night is still part of the Pileup. It's our pre-show party with the Hot Rod Hucksters (all HAMB members) and the Del Moroccos in Clinton, about 15 minutes north of Decatur. We'll probably have 200 cars or so and even more people. It's not far from Bloomington. Maybe YOUR cruisers will come to OUR party. :D

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yeah, come on by and see 50 ladies in poodle skirts, 75 cry baby dolls, 600 lawn chairs, 85 boyd coddington hawaii shirts, 90 pairs of black dress socks with cargo shorts, 200 pairs of sperry topsiders, 50 panama hats... I think I'd rather stay at the Pile-up and keep count of Breeder's social faux pas thanks. :)

6. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

That should keep ya busy for a while...

7. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I cant count that high:mad:

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yeah i wonder if there is a App for that? :p

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I misread. I thought the cruise was Friday night. You can still come on Friday then. It's a big party.

Let me rephrase my original comment though... Saturday night is still part of the Pileup. It's our post-show party with The Dyes and the Honeybees - red hot garage and rockabilly! in Clinton, about 15 minutes north of Decatur. We'll probably have 200 cars or so and even more people. It's not far from Bloomington.

:D

Next time, read the rules and introduce yourself before posting, especially an advertisement. And believe me, I was being nice.

Anyway, I hope you get a good turn out. There's enough room for all of us old car folks. Sorry that there's a conflicting event so close by. You could move your event to the week before or week after and not worry about conflicts. We obviously can't change ours.

10. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

The cruisers are a pretty good bunch of guys, they just try to please everyone which is too much for me. Their show is always the second Saturday of the month and they usually get a couple hundred cars to show, of which about 3-5 are HAMB worthy. Unfortunately too many muscle cars, imports, corvettes for me....

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Lots of us read it as spam, especially the Classic Auto part. If it wasn't your very FIRST post on the HAMB it would look differently, but it is therefore it's spam. Think about it this way, why is it the one and only thing you've ever shared with us here on the HAMB?

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

I have been to their cruise. It isn't really too bad for central Illinois. Yes, I can do without the row of new Saturns and Corvettes, but I usually walk on past those.

13. Sure you do Aaron! You got a row of Saturns out in the tree line waiting for they day they will be cool to customize!:p;)

Who the fuck takes a Saturn to a cruise night and displays it anyway?

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

I often wonder what people are thinking when they bring a new car to a cruise night, then they sit next to their car waiting for a complement. What are you supposed to say? Congrats on your financing? ha ha ha

15. Too funny!

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

oohhh... look at the rate on that one!!!!! :)

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

3 months to go! Everything is falling into place. Great bands from all over the world, great artists from all over the HAMB, and great cars from all over the USA!

With 140 acres of parking, I doubt we'll have any traffic or parking problems this year. :D

18. crazydays

crazydays

I live in Decatur, about 5 min from Progress City. Anything that I can help with let me know.
    I do have a garage and tools/welder for any minor repairs that somebody might need.
    Anyway, I'm excited and lots of local talk about it going around, people are happy to have it here!!!

See you in Oct.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  19. krooser

krooser

Shit... does that mean I have to change my entire wardrobe for the Pile-up? I'll be damned if I'll ditch my poodle skirts...

20. Although the poodle skirts do make you look 10 years younger just wear your everyday skirts and everything will be just fine.:D

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks! Sign up for the Red Shirt Army and volunteer! We can use the help! Just 2 hours of your time

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/volunteers/

22. krooser

krooser

I dunno... those slinky 60's-style sharkskin numbers that i wear to work always make my ass look fat... and I'm always uncomfortable around you when I'm all dressed up.

I feel so vunerable...

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey asshole! i haven't had to "faux pas", since i got outta joint!!! stop bringing that shit up@!:mad::p

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

don't blame the suit. :)

Oh yeah, the Decatur Chamber of Commerce is going to be auctioning off a nice roadster pickup. I don't know much about it, or what they did to it, but I know it raced at the HAMB Drags.

25. yngrodder

yngrodder

City of Decatur has always had a downtown cruise on a Thursday night that is a pretty good size cruise This year the have changed the date to the Thurs night before the pile up and are doing it up and down the old cruise strip,

26. indyjps

indyjps

I grew up in Clinton, very familiar with Decatur. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I cruised the Clinton square for years drumming up street races.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks! We can use all the help we can get! Sign up as a volunteer and we'll find something for you to do. 2 hours only, and we'll make it worth your while. Um, not in a sexual way, of course.