Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The end of Bangin' the gears

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58cchevy, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 58cchevy

58cchevy

I just opened my new Goodguys and looked for my favorite feature, bangin the gears and found out that this will be the last one. Roger, I will sure miss your stories. I hope to see you at future shows. Good luck.

2. First thing I read, will also miss it.

3. c57heaven

c57heaven

Didn't get my magazine yet but I too like to read Roger's monthly articles. Hopefully one will appear from time to time. Thanks Roger.

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Go buy his collection of books and read a chapter every month. Or better yet, read one every week.

5. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loved reading the stories from a fellow Iowan.

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I will miss his monthly article. He is easy to read, and he tells a lot of stories that I could easily have been a part of in my younger days.

John

7. Same for me...

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I will also miss his column. Funny, but when I saw his picture waving goodby I was surprised he looks so, huh, mature. I always pictured him as much younger. Of course I always think of myself as much younger untill I see a mirror. LOL.

9. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those of you who don't know, Roger is a regular contributor here on HAMB. Had a great thread on a 60 Wagon build he and his brother did last Winter and posts pictures from time to time on his travels in his 56 Cad.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Guys, I appreciate the comments. Almost 11 years of writing a monthly story for GG's is a long time and I have to thank all the guys here on the HAMB that got me started...however, as of the January, 2015 issue, I will be "revisting" those stories, beginning with my very first story in "Ol' Skool Rodz" mag. The column will be entitled "Double Clutching." I know some of you don't like that mag, but the editor offered me a column and how could I say no...??? Those 'young guys' need to know what the past was like too...look me up in there...

In case you weren't aware, as of this past July, I'm also writing "features" and articles for www.RodAuthority.com, that's an electronic "mag" that covers a wide gamut of car events, cars and articles...it's as close as your computer. It's free and you can subscribe to it. Please check it out.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that my first two books: "Bangin' Gears and Bustin' Heads" and "Fast Cars, 4-speeds and Fist-fights" are available (electronically) on Kindle and other e-readers. The fifth book: "Faded Thunder," about my early days in Denver, ColoRODo, is still available on Amazon.com in paper form. My latest thriller "Arsenal Code R.E.D," set in Denver is about a 15 year-old computer genius (Blue) and his pal ( Jason) that break into the abandoned Stapleton International Airport control tower and are accused of causing a commercial airliner to crash into the Rocky Mountain Arsenal, the very place the US Government stored over eight million gallons of deadly Sarin Nerve Gas...it's available only on Kindle...but, IF you want an autographed hardbound copy, you may pre-order one on my website...

OkieDokie- I lived thru the sixties, I graduated HS in 1961 (got my driver's license in 1959, and drove a 3 year-old '57 Chevy in HS - made payments on a $775.00 loan for it)...that makes me 71 years old (yeah, you could say I'm "mature"...LOL)...92.5% of those stories I've written and you've read are true (only the names have been changed to protect the innocent...!!!)...they've only been embellished for easier reading.

My bro and I go to a lot of rod runs in the summer, if you see our Cadillacs, introduce yourself...see ya there...!!!

R-

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  11. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've enjoyed reading your columns, R. I'll check out your books.

Safe travels!
    Rock