Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Del Ray now has a buddy, a Bel Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Feb 15, 2009.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

thank you.
    Haha, nahhhh i have to leave it that low up front, and the back is coming down too once i get the lifting spacers in between the coils out. i love how the front end sits and apperently there is no interferance with the fender's and no frome hit even on hard bumps. it looks and rides to well to bring back up.
    if its a 58', i like it. I think the two door style like mine is a better looking one then the impala's, but thats just my opinion.
    As for perfomance, i tell you its no bullet, but that little engine scoots the car nicely once its rolling.

2. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

nice. + my first car was a 58 bel air,,, good times good times

3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

*new video of the car running*

4. 6narow

6narow

HotRodToomer,

Ok, well I was close on the intake. Cool, though. A little extra power and helps keep the engine cool. Double winner!
    Tri-power sound cool, too. I'd match that with a dual exhaust system, Blaster II coil, Marine cam and WP 305 Torquer heads.
    Assuming your engine was orignally a 2-bbl. job, then according to my (very general) calculations, that engine should end up putting out around 265-270 HP.
    Not too shabby, and about what the ol' dual quad 283 put out.
    Are you going to paint the grooves on the finned valve covers?
    I know, seems like everyone does it, but that's a very nice look, too.

...btw, "video"?

6narow

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

oh yeah, it would be nice to have a little power to get it up and moving, along with the sound it should give off.
    yes, if you click the first picture of the engine with the lines above and below it, it links to a video of it running and the exhaust. its a kinda bad sounding video but i think its decent.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

saw the car in Indy for $3,000. a good trade for you

7. 6narow

6narow

Uh...it would've been nice to know that the link was placed back in your first post (I thought I was having problems with my computer! :rolleyes: )
    Anyway, yeah, the engine sounds pretty nice.
    Nice "raspy" start up.

6narow

8. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

40stand, yeah that was the one alright, i just had to have it knowing how much more this one had compared to mine. i'm thankful i was as lucky as i was to acquire it.
    6, I just added the video actually, i took it today with my buddie while he was here.
    it does have a nice sound but its mostly swiss cheese mufflers anyhow. if it wasnt for the fumes, id leave it! haha

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Question, does anyone have or know where to get the bel air style chrome in case this guy does have the rest when he calls? i'd greatly aprechiate the help.

10. 6narow

6narow

Toomer,

Try "Year One".

6narow