Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Definitive "MILD CUSTOM" Photo Thread....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I think there are a lot of opinions about what a Mild Custom is. The term is really hard to define, and then if someone defines it, it is still their opinion. In my opinion some of the cars on this thread are a lot more than Mild! Its all opinions and they are all Mild customs in someones opinion. I think I may have said opinion too many times :D

2. Simply put, by the term (Mild) would it not be rational to think that it literally is any custom that has a few body modifications such as nosed , decked ,lowered ( not bagged lowered) different wheels / hubcaps . That to me would constitute a mild custom . Start cutting a car apart and putting it back together IE Chopping , stretching , frenching, sectioning , would be by default a full blown custom . Not mild by any sense of the word for sure . There I got my2 cents worth in . Now I can relax and go to work !!! LOL

3. '57 I built in 2003. Lowered. Chrome reversed wheels. Nosed. Tail lights frenched, Silver paint is metalflake, but only shows up in bright sunlight. NOS Custom "Sears" seat covers.
    406" SBC-700R4.
    Drove it thousands of miles, Ran 12.90 at Da'Grove.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Dyno Dave likes this.
  4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That's not a custom^

5. SEE ABOVE......per post 1563 by aw1950:

"Simply put, by the term (Mild) would it not be rational to think that it literally is any custom that has a few body modifications such as nosed , decked ,lowered ( not bagged lowered) different wheels / hubcaps . That to me would constitute a mild custom . Start cutting a car apart and putting it back together IE Chopping , stretching , frenching, sectioning , would be by default a full blown custom . Not mild by any sense of the word for sure ."

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I agree I thought that was what a "Mild" custom was also.

7. Actually, I don't care what you call it. I built it for me. I miss it to this day. Life goes on.

8. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I believe it is a mild custom. It's nosed, decked, chrome wheels, baby moons, custom paint etc. My personal belief, that maybe gave nads his opinion was the ride hight by the camera angles, In my good ole cruiseing days I never had a car as low as the ones I now have. But I didn't have 30 cars then, only one, that was my cruiser,racer,work, and LOVE car.

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey I love the car, don't get me wrong, I'd miss it too.

10. cmarcus

cmarcus

I haven't been around in a while - this weather and a non-heated garage puts me in a dumpy mood. BUT, the thaw has started to happen this week, and has certainly got me REALLY itching for spring. Love seeing more Mild Customs to get me in the mood!

12. x2, at least down under, ever since I can remember..

13. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

15. That is a sweet '55. Seems pretty subtle against a lot of Watson creations. Judging by the tags, I'd put a late '57 or 1958 date on those pics.

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

16. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Hey guys, I just joined this site and figured I'd share pictures of my '60 Biscayne. It has the 235 with a 3 on the tree and true Lake Pipes

Attached Files:

17. Iam liking this . I had one a few years back ! Not slammed and bagged though . Flat black for a while with red wheels then it went silver . AW1950

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Tony, I agree with everything you just said….but I still say, "Why, oh why??". 'Cause he could, I guess!

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

That 55 Customline was a #1 inspiration when I had my 55 Customline years ago…..
    I never really got close.but I did love messing with that car….

Attached Files:

20. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Thanks! Yeah, I'm gonna leave it in the Satin Black its in now but I'm thinking of changing the color of the top and wheels (original green) to something else. Just not sure what color yet. And yes, its bagged. I know its just a 4 door but it makes a nice cruiser

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

Just got this one and getting started. Going with a gold flake roof, supreme's, lowered an inch or two. Nothing too outrageous or out of the ordinary, but I think it will look pretty good. Should be done for the road trip to Viva....

Attached Files:

22. Kerry67

Kerry67

Love it.

62hotcat likes this.
  23. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395100012.967562.jpg picture of a picture I found

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. exactly put man.

my opinion is, well, who gives a shit? if its a good looking car, and its not too over the top, its a mild kustom to me. I put it this way, there's stock, then there's a wild kustom (and you know a wild car when you see one). mild kustom is anything in between. when I see something like, say, bad bob's merc or something going down the street, I don't say "wow, look at that mild kustom" its just kustom and wild kustom to me. anything in that pretty dern vast grey area can be considered a mild kustom.

but hey, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink..

25. I expect finding a definition is designed to help keep the thread generally focused. I think there are cars that push the "radical" as well as the "basically stock" end of the spectrum on the thread.

I am just enjoying looking at all the individually tasteful mild customs...often scratching my head at the creativity and beautiful execution...

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

Got the wheels on, goes in for gold flake on roof this weekend. Its getting there....

Attached Files:

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

28. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

My woman's 52 and my 59 witch is getting completely restored and some more custome touches
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

Wheels done, fuzzy dash done, flaked roof done....Now some Bombs on the exhaust, drop the stance a bit and I am happy. Gotta find a windshield though....

Here is a shot where it sat when I bought it, and a shot the painter sent me last night. Stoked to see in person

Attached Files:

30. Swanked indeed, Kerry! You bringing it out for the Hot Rod Hundred?