Register now to get rid of these ads!

The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrExotica, Oct 6, 2003.

1. seldom scene

seldom scene

Hey exotic I ain't done with you yet. Exotic what are you ? a stripper in a gay bar? An exotic dancer? Or just another dirt farmer? You are from texas you outa know about the bull, you fuck with it and you get the horn up your ass what kinda dance do you do with the horn up your ass? do your gay friends put dollar bills in your little panties? Go away and grow up before you post on the hamb. You would be much happier at poser.com.

2. I love the movie the warriors now I get to read the HAMB version this is a riot

3. Ron

Ron

[ QUOTE ]
    You forgot to mention the prez of the club that passed you by is also a HAMBer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorta!

4. candyman

candyman

What ever happend to hotrod clubs being about hotrods? You guys are being queer.

5. <font color="red"> THATS what I love about the COFFINS .....NO PRESIDENT.....we are allPRESIDENTE!!......NO POLITICS ......JUST A BUNCH OF DUDES WITH A COMMON THREAD......cool ass cars!!!!!

R E D M E A T </font>

6. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

About a month ago I was heading a couple hours north to Prescott and was stuck in traffic from an accident on I-17 about 40 miles north of civilization. As soon as the traffic started again I crest a hill and see a 1958 Chevy Pickup on the side of the road, it was a Street Rod al the way, from the painted bumpers to the tweed interior. Well, I was in my Mistubishi, but I still pulled over and lent a hand for about 45 mins, offered up some tools and gave them a hand where they wanted. I think I could have done it quicker myself, but the got it taken care of. It seems the old timer had his fuel pump shit out on him (SBC) so his son brought one up for him. He was having a hell of a time getting the little pushrod to stay put.

Your buddies should have stopped.

7. "WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN DEMOCRACY JUST DOESN'T WERK"

A Club member is someone who helps you when you've just puked in you hat.

Maiki (drunkt)

8. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

I hear you,Mr. If you substitute friend for club member it really hits hard. Especially when you're stranded 250 miles from home. I'm pretty sure there are more ex-members than members now. BTW, I PM'd ya.

9. Chuck Fish

Chuck Fish

Personally,if I can't go on a run or trip properly equiped(that reads..enough cash,enough tools)I won't drive my truck(36 Ford p.u. with a flat motor)
    I also feel that,I would'nt want to be a member of any organization or club,other than the NRA,that would have me as a member.

What it really boils down to, is that you have a few close,and I mean CLOSE friend in this world,and the rest are just people you know.

Just my 2 cents

Chuck Fish

10. beatnik

beatnik

Chuck said it all

[ QUOTE ]
    What it really boils down to, is that you have a few close, and I mean CLOSE friend in this world, and the rest are just people you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have friends I have fun with and then I have friends I trust and depend on, you have to know who you can depend on way before you need to depend on them.

11. Well,, [​IMG] i'm glad we got that outa the way.

I don't know whether to f#*%, fight or have a foot race. [​IMG]

Its good to know that the whole club thing is alive and well. Maybe we should all find neutral ground, some zip guns, and knives... Whoever is left standing get the whole enchilada.

Who's Boy Cod'n'Ham anyway, and what's he got to do with being stranded on the side of the road?

I just didn't wanna be left out.

if it don't make ya dirty it aint yours [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

To me, a car club should be about cars and friends, not image or jackets. The Chrome Czars started as friends and if we stop being friends, there will be no more club. We've had problems, but we've worked them out because we're friends, first and foremost. We're always helping each other with our cars (because Lord knows they're never running!), but it's MORE than that... and I don't mean in a gay kind of way either [​IMG] I mean, hell, these guys have helped me with far more than car problems, and I consider them some of my closest friends. I can rely on them for ANYTHING. To me, that's what a club should be about. Certainly you don't NEED to be in a club, but it's fun. You definitely do NOT need to be in a club to offer help to a fellow car guy, whether he's a street rodder or rat rodder. Hell, some of the other Czars and I were on our way to a swap meet and stopped to help some guy with a broken down RoadRunner. Not all clubs are like that, and that's fine. They have their place in the world, too. Mr. E's former club has some really great guys in it, so I won't bash them. Mr. E is a stand-up guy and I think what happened to him sucks. I think his decision to leave the club is justified, but I disagree with the public bashing.

13. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Personally I would stop for any old car broken down on the road. Ive done it before. I always carry a battery booster in my trunk and Ive helped many a car with it. People I dont even know for that matter.

Some people are bashing the car club idea and thats not the point. Its fun to go places as a club. But the main idea of a club to to help your members with car problems. Its great if it works.

I was in essentally the same club years ago. And we had a falling out due to the actions of others in the club. I wont go into details, but Im not supprised with Mr. Exotica's story.

Tony, use this experience and this thread to see who your real friends are. Most of the Chicago guys are stand up guys and would want to be the first to jump to help you out. Others...Well, you found out who they are.

Ron--Your right about "Sorta" but he is enough of a HAMBer to have his art used in the calender, but not enough to see a thread all about his car.

Well thats just my thoughts on this....Take care.....

See everyone at the Pile-up....It should be interesting.... [​IMG]

14. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

The idea of running with a group is so help is there if needed. If people start heading off on their own, what's the point of riding together in the first place? I've had to climb under members cars on the X-way and they've had to wait for me. Its part of the fun! I wouldn't be part of a club where members don't watch out for each other.

15. Toqwik

Toqwik

I have pretty much came to the conclusion car clubs suck !! I live in W V and there is only one car club in my area. Well, to be a member, you have to attend at least 2 meetings per month, and they meet on thur nites. I own a restaurant, and thur nite is busy for me, so I am at work. I'm not a retired fuck that has nothing to do with my time but talk about how great my car is, and how dumb I must be for spending 50 grand on a 15 grand car. I thought clubs were for people with shared interests in cars, not mandatory meetings, WTF....Toqwik

16. I have a primer black Ford with red steel wheels with a SBC crate motor done up like it was the billet 50's man. Is that the way youse guys build 'em in Cali? By the way, The Chicago Salt flats are NOT in Texas, they are in CHICAGO! And that's not in Texas...

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey exotic..who the fuck do you think you are? I didn't see no introduction from you. You jealous assholes who think everyone in Calif is Boyd Cottington prove just what you are a Bunch of immature POSERS who don't know shit, and don't know that they don't know it. As far as little guy goes I'm 6'4" wanna take me on? You'll find out what O G means. I built my car it's the real deal. What do you drive? Probably a skateboard..Get the procedure right (ask someone) before you start showing what an ignorant poser you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Mr. Exotica, there is a NEW member calling himself "Exotic". Go back a few posts. That's what Seldom Scene's post was about.

Toqwik - sounds like the one club in your area sucks. Start your own club if you want to be in one! You don't have to have meetings. We don't. We just hang out together. If we're all there... and there's beer... and we're talking about cars.. then it's a meeting! I guess we do have a lot of meetings... It's all about FRIENDS and CARS. NO politics. Friends and cars first.

18. Nevermind...
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have a primer black Ford with red steel wheels with a SBC crate motor done up like it was the billet 50's man. Is that the way youse guys build 'em in Cali? By the way, The Chicago Salt flats are NOT in Texas, they are in CHICAGO! And that's not in Texas...

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey exotic..who the fuck do you think you are? I didn't see no introduction from you. You jealous assholes who think everyone in Calif is Boyd Cottington prove just what you are a Bunch of immature POSERS who don't know shit, and don't know that they don't know it. As far as little guy goes I'm 6'4" wanna take me on? You'll find out what O G means. I built my car it's the real deal. What do you drive? Probably a skateboard..Get the procedure right (ask someone) before you start showing what an ignorant poser you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

19. Okay, this is gettung to be ridiculous. First of all, Mr. E makes it sound like he was broke down on the side of the road, he was at the fair grounds. As soon as my wife saw him pull off, she called him, asked him if he needed help, he said no. Fine. We went back to the B&amp;B and waited a bit. We hopped into a car to go back to help him, saw him coming back and followed him. He never said a word. Mrs. E told everyone that they were not leaving with us. I am sorry, we're not mind readers, if he wanted help, he could have asked for it. No one asked him to quit the club. We called to check up, he never answered his phone. This whole thing is childish and should never have been between anyone else but the club. Mr E. didn't even have balls enough to call, he sends my wife an email. As far as Woodfire goes, he quit the club and was badmouthing us to mutual friends, what, are we supposed to run up and give him a hug. We gave him the money back for the jackets and the drag plate. We didn't want bad feelings, but obviously, that didn't work out that way. Sorry if you all think that our club is full of assholes, what a shame, you don't even know us. As far as I'm concerned, this whole thing was blown way out of proportion and now we've lost friends over it. No one ever said that they didn't want to be friends with the Exoticas.

p/s- not everyone in our club does flames, the ones who do know to change their oil after every "show" and to not do it to the point where the car is running like shit.

Just wanted to speak my mind and let you all know that there are two sides to every story.

20. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

We know you. So does Dave B,Snake,Big Don,Josh &amp; now MR E! Let's keep this off here, you got my #.

21. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Guys, this is not the place for "Petty" complaints to be aired. Geez its about hot rods.

It seems as though there as been a break down in communication somewhere along the way, and god knows maybe this thread and the leaving of the club could have been averted IF there was some communication between what may be loosley described as friends!!!

Now I say this as I too have had the experience of being on the unpleasant side of Car Clubs. Sure I was an arsehole when younger and having a skin full of beer - and didn't some of my club members let me have it. But I deserved it.

I've just spent a lengthy time discussing the old club days, with the people who put me back into my place, whilst we were all grieving over the loss of one of the club members.

I guess one of the things i'm trying to say is that once you are in a club you form a bond with all the other club members. Some bonds are stronger and more developed than others BUT you all share a common bond. It may not feel like you have this bond - but let me assure you - when the chips are really down, you will feel this bond and be thankful for it. Thats how it is for me right now, I've experienced the lasting bond between the club members that went thru me when I was a dickhead, and myself. It just needed different circumstances to make me realise this bond was there. i'd much prefer to have my friend alive and well - but there is always a silver lining to tragic events.

So take the time to vent things AS they happen not in the public forum we are all on now,....please?!

22. Mike

Mike

Freinds, fellow club members, etc. should stop and help each other when there's trouble.

However, whining about not getting help that you never asked for is infantile.

23. You guys are right.
    I deserved SOME of the shit you guys gave me. I shouldn't have aired my dirty laundry here. I was, and still am, a hothead. I should have called Pyro. Pyro should have called me. We're both big boys now. It sounds like it was less his fault &amp; more somebody else's, but I'm not going to go back &amp; forth here. The truth is somewhere in between. It's over. All I want to do is to bury the hatchet.
    I don't expect to or want to be friends, but as adults, we should be able to be in the same place at the same time without a conflict.
    We owe that to our mutual friends.

24. Reverendcolin

Reverendcolin

Sorry I missed this soap opera the first time around. I guess this is why I've been a biker all my life. You get a different set of values. Of course the assholes that think they are bikers today are (I’ve already said it) ASSHOLES.

Old day’s car clubs were fun, a bunch of friends that were into making something faster or cooler. We hung around as a loose club for a couple years and then went our separate ways. Remember the 60’s??? Weren’t drugs good then?

I got back into the rod scene about 10 years ago. Went to a few shows and learned what real assholes were. Not like it was years ago. Lucky I still had my old crew and they all got back into cars too. We’ve met a bunch that was into old hot rods and “Mechanicville Satin Black” paint, actually an International Harvester Color.

Mr. Exotica, you stated you weren't a wrench, so what are you doing with a rod anyway. If you can’t take it apart and put it together in the dark you shouldn’t own it. I’ve always figured, if you weren’t a wrench you shouldn’t have a Harley. Of course that’s changed since the Evo motor, same thing with hot rods.

Sounds like you must have pissed the other members off, some how. Must have done something????

It makes no difference. They should have stopped to help. I stop to help most anyone that’s broke down. I always have as do most of my friends.

I remember many years ago. A friend and I were out getting faced. He got so drunk he shit his pants in the bar. What did I do? I called his wife to come and get him and took off. He smelled like shit. That's what friends are for.

25. Germ

Germ

CAR CLUBS are for FOLLOWERS,, "RULERS" walk alone......

26. HAAS

HAAS

"CAR CLUBS are for FOLLOWERS,, "RULERS" walk alone......" Exactly

27. I think they thought the situation at the fairgrounds was less serious &amp; I thought it was more serious. Misunderstanding #1

We had been talking about leaving later than them all weekend. I assumed they'd wait, knowing my car was questionable. They misunderstood &amp; left. Misunderstanding #2

Regarding my tech background, I'm a bicycle mechanic by trade. I'm not a technical idiot. I do my best to do my own work on my car. So far, so good. At the fairgrounds, I freaked out, figuring my wife &amp; I would be stranded. I didn't know exactly was wrong. prepared with an We ended up being OK. I should have been prepared with oil &amp; plugs.

I'm not sorry for quitting the club. It was a long time coming. As I said before, I shouldn't have aired our laundry here. I AM sorry if I misled anybody. There are friends who still agree with me - there are friends who agree with Pyro. So it is.

Chicago is a big city, but our crowd is small enough that this is extremely awkward at best. I just hope we can deal with each other.

28. crclebrner

crclebrner

Hell has got circles??? Bummer!!

29. magnet

magnet

Clubs help me carry heavy shit.

Clubs are a bunch of LEADERS.. all moving in the same DIRECTION

30. plan9

plan9

gonna start a CC called "DRAMA QUEENS" (no pun to germs title)... thongs and stilleto heels are mandetory