Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coupe-De-CAB is getting "new look" this month

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Yeah his wifes car is killer! he also has another poncho same year i think and it's orange with an awsome fade job.

2. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

In san fran i met alex. was right across the walkway from him and his wife and got to talk to him for the whole weekend. Real nice guy that does real solid work. Those 2 pontiacs were awesome. They really had a good mr. and mrs. look goin on but in a good way.

I know i was impatient when this thread first started but its been worth the wait.
    kick ass color choices CAB.

Can't wait to see it all together.

3. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Brian,
    the motor was put in a few days ago:)

[​IMG]

motor being put back together with chrome goodies and black painted parts even the finned valve covers freshly painted gold!

[​IMG]

side view- "I like gold" ...gold member would be proud!
    check the Don Zig magneto:)

[​IMG]

the firewall that Alex reconstructed and cut to fit the MAG. note the nice rounded edges he added to the firewall to give it a cleaner and more flowing look to it...nice! He's adding bondo and primer to it soon!

[​IMG]

the doors may be painted this weekend.
    thanks for peeping,
    CAB

4. We were talking about your car tonight at Big Dogs, you should have come down & got on the TV!

Looking good Steve, Alex & his crew look to be doing an awesome job, really looking forward to seeing it finished.

5. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I love this post... Its great to see such progress. Congrats CAB

6. Bitchin!

Looking good Cab. It's going to be killer when it's all put back together and the best thing, it'll be 'Cab's Coupe'. :)

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

that fuckin ROCKS Cab. tell em all "NICE JOB" for me.

8. P.Y.

P.Y.

It's an amazing job !

Thanks for the updates !

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Holy chit, man! Looks good. Love the color choice.

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Damn it Cab,,,i planned on doing mine that color....lolol

Dirty

11. looking real good Cab..

12. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

SHow us more! SHow us more! SHow us more! (chanting - others are starting to join in, the wave happens in the crowd, girls are flashing their boobs and throwing panties at you. please the crowd.)

13. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

man... i wish i could:( but i got shipped to the East Coast for the Vans Warped tour till the 17th of August ( two weeks)!
    so it will be much of a surprize to me as it will be you when the Coupe is done hopefully when i get back from my skate duty calling.

...so if any you "EAST COAST HAMBERS" happen to come to any Warped Tour shows come up and say hello at the mini-ramp or the Vans tent and if "any of you" want to come to any shows, send me a PM and i'll see what i can do to get you in:)
    check the http://www.warpedtour.com/dates.html for tour dates in your area!

I can't get anyone in for "NY-Randells Island" show because that place get's out of hand and everyone wants in for FREE, so passes are limited and not available for me there:(
    best wishes and i'll post more pics of the final outcome of the Coupe when i get home.
    CAB

14. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I did not know girls even wore panties!:eek:

Good luck Cab, hurry up and get home so you can get her finished and unveiled to all of us!

xxx
    Brandy

15. Nice work... really nice.

Danny

16. flatoz

flatoz

its getting there,

what are you going to do with the wheels??

( scuze me if you have answered this in a previous page)

17. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Love that color. You hit the nail right on the head with that.

bret

18. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

the 15" steelies are getting painted shiny black at the moment and running them without the chrome caps:) then when i get my rear-end situated, the black kelsey's w/ just beauty rings and white walls are going on!
    CAB

19. eye bone

eye bone

10 pages... it took me all afternoon to read it... But I gotta say that this has been the most enteresting thread I've seen on Hamb yet... Like ridin' shot gun in the 32 Desoto cupe down to Paso, or LA and back... or ridin' the Big Dipper on the Board Walk in Santa Cruze... cool very cool!

Alex... Jason... Bill... and who ever else worked on that car you've got my respect!

Steve I loved that car from when Buddy brought it to Paso the first time. I took a picture of Danny's A-Bone coupe reflected in the rear hubcap... But I'm really glad to see you put your own stamp on it!... It's lookin' good. The extra work Alex put in will be well worth the wait... can't wait to see the car in person...

Good luck on your trip... Take Care!

20. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

outstanding cab... you will look good in that lil fucker! wow! Can't wait to go drivin around with you some day... it will happen.

blake

21. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

i think everyone on the Hamb is folling this post. 10 pages and 200 posts is bad ass. Once more pics show up itll just keep getting longer and longer.
    Can't wait.

22. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

This cell phone picture of my freshly painted (bone white) firewall was sent to me last night via cell phone to e-mail... they say it looks like milk candy and it came out so awesome you wanna eat it! the picture doesn't do it full justice.

[​IMG]

NY Rumblers car show tomorrow... can't wait to go:)

Alex says my doors are being painted today and now he's working on the trunk lid next... it's almost there!
    sorry this is all i have to show you:(
    best wishes and thanks for looking guys,
    CAB

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hey Cab, it looks great and thanks for keeping us up-to-date with the progress.

(But- I can't believe this post went to 11 pages and no mooch asked about what you were doing with your OLD decklid? The green one. I need one for my '30 coupe-de-sweet.)

Anyway, can't wait to see it done!

24. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I think Nosurf needs that firewall for his coupe so he can make it to the Drags.

25. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Jesus christ this post has got to be one of the longest post ever. Rivaling the custom post. Damn celebritys. Looking good Cab.

26. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

okay guys, got my camera back from Boston and a few update pics for ya:)
    the Gambino custom designed fire wall- a closer look, better pic and mounted.

[​IMG]

the '32 grill shell and the insert painted "black" and assembled

[​IMG]

Alex from Gambino Kustoms mocking it up for a better look.

[​IMG]

she's almost finished and working hard to "gitterdone"
    thanks for looking,
    CAB

27. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

WOW that paint is amazing!!!!

28. Skimmer

Skimmer

Absolutly Stunning....Worth all the effort

29. Damn steve that looks mighty fine and a popular look at the moment....heres the Uk version.......exactly how I`d do one if I had the cash

more pics please

Monkey

Attached Files:

• gold.jpg
      gold.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views: