Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Changing Scene of our hobby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyironman, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Really good point. Well said. Myself, I just prefer old stuff and the deep past, that's why I like reading threads here, I don't have a problem with tuners, street rods, modern muscle cars, rat rods, hip hop, Justin Bieber, etc.....(OK, well maybe that's going too far, he needs a few weeks of boot camp....)

But a lot of people are genuinely hostile to anything different from their deal, what they consider part of their identity, it's all wrapped up in the "id", mortality and subconscious attempts to deal with it. It's been going on since people started painting their own images on cave walls.

Here's a good exercise; imagine it's a year after your death. Does the thought of your family donating your cars/bikes/stash to charity or scrapping it upset you? Why? It makes no sense, but I would like the world/my family to remember and celebrate me and everything I did and thought for the rest of their lives. But I'll be worm food and in reality it doesn't matter one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app