Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. That's not what I wanted to hear, I was hoping to meet up with him on my next trip to the States next year. We are all the better for knowing him here, I know I am.
    RIP Gary, you will be sadly missed. Jeremy.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow. Sad news, indeed. He'll be missed. Damn.... this just sucks.

3. Very sad news. And a tremendous loss not only to the H.A.M.B. but he seemed, and I’m sure he was, a great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That sucks, he passed on a lot of knowledge along with his honest opinions to help others build better looking T-buckets, so he will live on in a way with his influence on a few builds!

5. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

RIP Gary. I became familiar with his postings in the early part of this thread, I always enjoyed his honest and direct presentation. I’m sure that I would have enjoyed meeting him.

6. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Godspeed, Steel Rebel.

7. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I just had a call from Gary`s wife informing me that he had passed away. It was hard for her to talk, and hard for me to reply. Gary had come up to the Portland Swap meet a couple of years ago, and we had a great time. He was one of the neatest guys you could ever meet. His wife had said that after his last fall, they suspected that he had a brain bleed and had lost alot of his strength. Gary was the best example of the fellowship that this goofy message board seems to foster. I will miss him. Alot.

chryslerfan55, nobux, Tman and 9 others like this.
  8. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

Very Sad News....

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A week or so ago, I cut out the access hole for my master cylinder and brake pedal arm. I saved the piece of the floor I cut out and adhered it with 3M 5200 Fast Cure to a piece of 16GA. I added a small knob to pick it up and remind me which end is the front.:rolleyes: It fits just right. Nothing fancy. In my last T Bucket, the hole was smaller than I liked. So, I made this one a little larger at 4.25" x 8". The access cover is 6" x 8.5".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  10. butch27

butch27

SAD-- he was not that old?? a real buckethead.

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good Fred I think Gary approves.
    When we finish our projects I think Gary will ride along with us on that first ride. :cool:

12. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Damn!! That really sucks. I always enjoyed reading his post's:(:(

13. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Fred, I am so glad you are making good headway on your project, and even better, continuing to share it with us. You know our buddy Gary would be right in line for that first trip down to the local coffee shop.....

14. Hey Paul, how you doing?:D JW

loudbang likes this.
  15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Jeremy! Are you guys making another trip over this year? Things are flat out here, still dealing with the tragic death of my wife`s mother, even though it`s been a year, things there are ongoing. Won`t go into it here, but it has been tough. Hope your hand is all healed up, hard to hold a cold beverage if it isn`t!

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Now here is one to make your eyes wish they had never seen it! I was shocked to see it sell for over $15,000 at auction, no accounting for taste, I guess!

17. Paul, the hand is ok but has its moments like when holding a centre punch. I feel it will give trouble in years to come. I will be attending LARS for my 60th next year and then traveling around for six weeks and hope things sort them selves out soon for you.
    On a Model T note, me and mine at Cruise Martinborough in January. Jeremy.
    [​IMG]

18. verde742

verde742

I personally never met Steel Rebel (Gary ) but I liked his outspoken opinion-filled replies,
    except one time.
    I made an out-spoken opinion filled reply, about his "mattress" on the bed of his red Fad T , Kookie somewhat look alike. Geez, for about a week he kept baiting me to spar with him.
    I didn't, even thou the private one sided conversation continued. I finally apologized told him I was just giving him some trash talk.. he calmed down, and I never missed reading his offerings, kinda like Bill Burn em (Burnham) > liked him also.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  19. A Boner

A Boner

20. As I remember about that photo, there was a bit of talk of the lady on the right. JW

chryslerfan55, verde742 and loudbang like this.
  21. verde742

verde742

Yes, figured it was worthy of another "look"

" a good day in the neighborhood !!!

see the "mattress"
    Gary died and I miss HIM, and his ribald.

also look at the woman taking a picture of the gal in blue jeans she MUST have nice "headlites"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Pics of cars like that, remind me to keep things simple and make sure the things you like work well together. It's actually harder than a lot of people think. There's a lot of cool "stuff" out there, but that doesn't mean it all needs to be on your car.

23. I was shocked and saddened to hear Gary had passed. My condolences to his family. I believe he and Norm are raising hell in heaven right now! As set in his T Bucket ways as he was, he shocked me when he told me changing very much on mine would be a big mistake! He claimed mine was even making him appreciate 70's T Buckets. High praise from a man I only met once.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, no new updates. I'm casually saving for a daily driver and shuffling money to the guy building my engine. I live a 10 minute bus ride from work and have actually gotten used to it. Getting to my grocery shopping isn't an issue either. The temptation to divert all my savings to the T Bucket is strong. But I think I'm going to satisfy that urge with a small part, next week. Something to keep the flame bright.;) So, Tuesday I'll call Diane at CCR and order my fiberglass grill shell and I'll order the S/S screen for the grill.

I tossed between the chopped '32 shell and the conventional T shell. I finally decided on the T shell. Here's a link to the S/S mesh I'll be using.
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3642

Speaking of work, I got assigned to a different department and my hours are really "Fred friendly". Monday - Friday, 11am to 7:30pm. So, even though the company has been slicing hours, my new position guarantees a 40hr week. Weekends off and I get to sleep late. Since I do my best car work, late at night, the hours are great. :D

25. All good, Fred.:cool::D JW

Blue One and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Thanks for that, I have been wondering what was happening.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry to be late with my condolences on the passing of Gary, I always enjoyed his posts. We aren't always known by name, just an avatar or photo of our car, thanks for posting a photo of his well known red T. Bob

[​IMG]

28. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

RIP Gary. Never met the man. But he seemed to be very nice and fun guy to hang out with. I can't believe it. Bob..........

26 T Ford RPU and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Blake 27

Blake 27

I'm sorry to hear of Garys' passing. I met Gary Fathers Day 2015 and told him how much I admired his "T". We only spoke briefly but he seemed like a really nice guy. He told me that Ed Burns was the only guy to charge for his autograph.
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    kidcampbell71, Paul, loudbang and 6 others like this.