Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. You must be living on air Fred, as you are saving and buying at a great rate, you will have tires in no time.:cool::) JW

loudbang likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He'll have to save some of that air to fill the tires :D

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DGood things come to he who waits.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. So I didn't get to work on the T this weekend due to an excursion, but the reference library grew quite a bit!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The HHR was NOT happy crossing the Tecati grade with somewhere between 500 to 1000 pounds of magazines in 122 deg. Temps ( on the blacktop, ambient was 110)!

Sent from my SM-S902L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    chryslerfan55, loudbang, Tman and 2 others like this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Interesting to see someone who actually wants to keep those magazines and even add to a collection.
    The vast majority of us have given up on our magazines I think.
    I've got a pretty big collection that I never look at and will likely give to my son.
    When I retire there is no way I'm moving them :D
    I tried in vain to sell them for years.
    By the way, 122 F is way too damned hot.

loudbang likes this.
  6. When I retire, I wanna scan them all onto Discs. But your right, this was an old buddies collection that he couldn't sell either. Enloe (on here) seems to do pretty well selling them, but I think he does most of his sales at actual shows.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes that's about the way it is. Selling magazines at shows and swap meets having people paw through them is way too much effort for me.
    Having a huge pile of old car magazines scanned and made available online would be a great resource and preserve some of the history of our hobby.
    There's a lot of stuff in the old magazines like Rodders Digest or Hot Rod Mechanix that will probably never be found on the internet. :(

loudbang and tfeverfred like this.
  8. I just picked up another case of magazines, filled some gaps I had

loudbang likes this.
  9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Scanning is the smart thing to do. Because unless you have them in a sealed container, they will eventually decay beyond usefulness.

loudbang likes this.
  11. A good friend and fellow club member (Rick Love) wrote for Rodders Digest. I have a complete collection of them.

loudbang likes this.
  12. I've lost a bunch even in sealed containers. Moisture of any kind is the enemy!

6inarow and loudbang like this.
  13. I still have my dads mags 45 years later. Never an issue keeping them

loudbang likes this.
  14. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, BlownFuel;
    Sent you a PM.
    Marcus...

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Whew........ just got done bleeding the brakes. Good peddle. 3 hours and 4 leaks. Seems like there's always at least one or two leaks. The rear drums could have a little better grab, but I'll adjust them when I install the emergency brakes. Just glad to be done with it. Should have tires next week.

loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  16. RodStRace

RodStRace

Glad to hear it, Fred.
    Hope you rinsed down the areas around the leaks - Brake fluid will eat most all paint!
    As for the loose adjustment in the rear, just tell yourself it's so burnouts are easier and less damaging!

[​IMG]

17. Well look at that! Two plus years after the T bucket was shoot for the local Overdrive magazine, one of the pictures finally
    surfaced online!

[​IMG]

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Seriously I don't see a T bucket in that picture :D

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Got my gas tank back from the powder coating shop. :cool:
    IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0961.JPG

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I calculated about 16 gallons.

AndersF and loudbang like this.
  21. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Pffft! You guys aren't looking hard enough... try blowing it up real large, & then get a magnifying glass to go over every little bit of the pic. I'm sure you'll find it - sooner or later... :D .
    Marcus...

AndersF, loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  22. Nice. I wish I could fit one that big in mine, but the Watt's linkage sits right between the back of the body and the tank. Takes up a lot of valuable real estate right there. I' ve got almost everything I need to build the little trailer I'm going to try hiding a fuel cell in except the fuel cell itself and the outboard fuel line setup. Gotta get out to my dad's place and pick up the coke machine so I can measure it for the cell it's going to hide. That will get me at least 10 extra gallons, and I wouldn't be surprised if a 16 gallon cell would fit, but by then I'm going to want to get out of the car and stretch my legs!

AndersF likes this.
  23. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Found this aftermarket tank that just fits my PU bed. 14 maybe 16 gallons. I drilled the plywood and decided not to drill the upholstery. Glad I didn't the (oh no) billet cap is just covered.

Down side (not really bad) is I have to run a little Honda (oh no) battery. Good small battery has more power now than big ones did in the day.

SANY0001.jpg SANY0006.jpg

AndersF likes this.
  24. Great picture. The car isn't bad either

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Blownfuel, AndersF and loudbang like this.
  25. t-rod

t-rod

Every time I think about fitting a larger fuel tank in my roadster, I realize although the car can go 100+ miles per tank but my backside can't.

Bad decisions make good stories.

AndersF and loudbang like this.
  26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I built my tank to fit nicely in the front of my short bed and I'll still have a little bit of room left. :)

IMG_0578.JPEG IMG_0577.JPEG

AndersF, loudbang and t-rod like this.
  27. Talking gas tanks in T's, mine is 14.5 imperial gallons. I made it at work from 3mm (1/8'') aluminium. JW
    [​IMG]

28. Same problem I have. If I behave, I can just get 100 miles out of mine, but where's the fun in that? Besides, can't always guarantee there's gonna be gas station there when you need it!

t-rod and loudbang like this.