Register now to get rid of these ads!

thanks craigs list

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prost34, Jan 2, 2010.

1. prost34

prost34

Thanks craigs list,,,just came back from a 5 hour drive today for these,4 like new coker wide white radial 235/75/15 s,still has the tits on them,asking price?,100.00 cash for all 4 !!!:D

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

THIEF!:D Good deal.

3. banditomerc

banditomerc

O.K. now sell them to me for 120.00...20.00 profit!

4. they were stole from my shop and a good Hamber would send them back to me. even COD would be ok. no questions asked. LOL great score

5. Craigslist rules.

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I spend my time lookin in the exotic section I did find a lady named Porsche

7. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I love craigs list I now have more model A shit than I know what to do with.

8. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

you lucky dog! Great score!:D

9. define a set of new coker's for a $100 bucks........'hot', 'stolen' or just plain damn lucky. :D

10. 117harv

117harv

I will up the anti, $121.00?

11. McDeuce

McDeuce

12ga or 45 Colt to pick them up at that price ?

12. NOTCH

NOTCH

Nice Score!!

13. I love craigslist.I found my new avatar on craigslist.You gotta be quick though,stuff sells there fast around here.

14. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I got a '72 Ford truck 9" axle for my '48 panel for $75. I had to drive 100 miles one way to pick it up. When I got to the seller's house he had it waiting for me on the apron of his garage, looked like it came out of a very low mileage trucks. We loaded it into the back of my PU and off I went. The next morning while unloading from my truck I pulled one of the brake drums off and found it had two new drums, new shoes and all new hardware, pretty decent for $75.

15. brewsir

brewsir

Too bad you didn't get 5 or 6 of them for when the damn things go bad. Sorry but I gave away a set just because of all the bad things I (and my friends) have had happen with coker classics!

16. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I ve scored on craigs list myself Picked up an original insert and shell for 200.00 Insert is perfect ,Needs paint in bars ,but straight ,Grill shell needed alot of work but I still can't complain.

17. Mercchev

Mercchev

Nice score...Picked up two as spares for $75 just before Christmas...just about same condition. Been running Cokers for almost ten years and 50,000 miles on the Merc...No problem with them.

18. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

great score - i bet that seemed like a short drive knowing you got a deal like that

19. The Shocker

The Shocker

Lots of good deals on Craigslist .I bought a pair of M/T slicks with 4 easy runs on them for $200 the other day off Craigs list (he blew his motor on the 4th pass).Whats even better is i sold my old ones for $80 to a guy thats was happy to get them. I have $120 in a like new pair that sells for almost $400 new.You got a real score on those White Walls for a bill...

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Cool!! As they say, "even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then":)

Frank

21. boy wonder

boy wonder
    BANNED
    from ma

that guy is stoked, cuz after he took a ride on those nice new cokers ,he realized they were so out of round he probably couldn't give them away.

22. Big Tony

Big Tony

Dude...I don't mean to be rude but those look REALLY weather beaten and totally unsafe, But i need a set for some yard art, so i will be willing to give ya what ya paid for 'em...ya know cause i'm such a good guy and all. Congrats

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

man, that's a sweet deal. i've had great luck with used wide whites off of craigslist in the past too.
    no way you can beat $100 for those though. what was the story? dude hard up or sold his car or both?

24. prost34

prost34

I bought them from a young kid 18,19 years old that was paid to clean out a storage unit,so he saved them from the trash,his only ride is the volkswagon bus in the pic,so he listed them for some cash not knowing what they are worth,i saw them 3 minutes after he listed them!,,,,i did ask if there was anything else,those where it,,

25. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I just got a set of 5 from a guy on eBay. He didn't have them listed, he was selling a heater from a '40 Buick and mentioned the heater came out of a car he was street rodding. I needed the front crossmember for my '37 Buick, the guy wasn't too far from me so I emailed to see if he was stubbing the frame and if he was, did he still have the stock stub. He replied that not only did he have the stock stub but other parts from the car that was restored within the last ten years. I got the stub, rebuilt stock engine w/tranny, complete suspension, front and back, and five www tires on stock wheels. When I first talked to the guy on the phone he told me the parts were like new and the www tires, four were used on the the and one was never used, were like new. I thought to myself that I've hear that before only to see deep treaded tires with cracked side wall. I was very pleasantly surprised when I picked them up, they were actually in better condition than what the guy said. None of them looked like they had any miles on them and the side walls were dirty from sitting but soft and smooth without the slightest indication of dry rot. I got the whole mess for $800.

I've been able to find a few other items through eBay and Craigslist by asking questions to see if the seller might have other parts they don't have listed. Most times they don't but once in a while you can find that one part, or more, you're looking.

Attached Files:

26. Gotta love the list!

27. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

28. snelson57

snelson57

That is a nice score, too!

29. concreteman

concreteman

Found on Craigs List -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. I scored a fiberglass Leer cap for my daily driver. The cap lists for 1.1K on Leer's site, I paid 200 bucks. I DO have 83 bucks in paint and sand paper though........ damn thing was burgandy and I needed green. :rolleyes: