Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Thank you Twenty Gallons and Thank you H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyjuarez, Aug 20, 2017.

1. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

I just got back home after meeting the nicest guy!
    After posting on the HAMB that I wanted to start a new project, but didn't have anything yet,, 20gallons chimed in and offered to give me,, that's right give me,,, the suspension and running gear from a 40 Ford that he was taking a different direction. I just had to pick it up,,,

Well I just got back and have to tell you that his garage was awesome, and there were unbelievable cars in process at every corner, and the list of finished rods and customs he showed me was enough to base a career on.

Thank you so much!!!

Here's a couple of snapshots of what I came home with... I'm off to the races

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Fern 54, TagMan, hrm2k and 11 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Time to line it all up sit in it and make some engine sounds...Great things do happen...go go go...;)

Fern 54, tb33anda3rd, 117harv and 3 others like this.
  3. Wow, You did good! And a big thumbs-up to 20gallons for his generosity.:)

Stogy, Fern 54, hrm2k and 4 others like this.
  4. Like said .H.A.M.B.er People are the best. Bruce. 002.JPG

tb33anda3rd likes this.

5. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Was great meeting you too !
    and I HOPE you had some help getting that stuff out of the truck. Keep us informed on your progress. and good luck cleaning all that up, Hopefully the engine can be saved. Start the Molasses dip !!!

Fern 54, TagMan, iwanaflattie and 8 others like this.
  6. And the flattie, and the tranny? Time to roll up your sleeves - better yet, jettison the shirt altogether - because you're going to get very dirty real quick. That will make the very generous 20 Gallons, and the rest of us, quite proud of you. The H.A.M.B. is HOME.

7. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

What a classy guy, actually two. One for giving the stuff away and the other for saying Thank You. Both are pretty scarce in my world. Have fun!

8. The generosity of men like TG are but one of the positive aspects that have made the hamb such a huge success,not only sharing their knowledge but at times offering parts to help with a project expecting nothing in return.

I too have been on the receiving end of another members assistance in the past few days and I too posted my appreciation,this has become the norm for hamb members,not the exception. HRP

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Fern 54, TagMan, tb33anda3rd and 2 others like this.
  9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very kool, and an anecdote of what it means to be in a community like this. Cheers...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Now lets find the two customs he used to own.