Register now to get rid of these ads!

TH350 to TH400

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FireBurb, Dec 4, 2018.

1. You do realize even with a different th400 you'll still need to cut the drive shaft and move the transmission crossmember right ?

2. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I was told 40 hp. Draw with the 400 over the 350, I have always been a fan of a built 350, An abused many!

3. XXL__

XXL__

It's parasitic, so the loss changes as a percentage of the power input level... so, while it may be 40hp at some point, more power going in will mean more than 40hp loss, less power going in will mean less than 40hp loss. That applies to both transmissions (and ALL transmissions)... but the percentage of parasitic loss is MORE for the TH400 than the TH350.

Hollywood-East and Hnstray like this.
  4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Don't know if you noticed or not, but my post said %, not a specific amount of hp......

XXL__ and gimpyshotrods like this.
  5. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I did, An I was only putting a hp denomination to it, As told to me in the 80's by a head GM tech at a dealership l worked at, He ran a Very successful rail here in Western NY., An Dude was no BS, As stated earlier ... We all agree it takes more HP

Hnstray likes this.