Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Thaw - Torque Club - Drag race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blasted, Dec 30, 2010.

1. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Now I'm not the Tech guy but, don't think blue tape will add that much support!!!

2. bigken

bigken

You got it Marc - <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cken.KEN%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.yshortcuts {mso-style-name:yshortcuts;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]

B/SR - Big Block in a Heavy Car ('57 Chevy) OR Small Block in a light car (Willy's-Model 'A')[/FONT]

thanks.

3. bigken

bigken

Doc - to answer your question - YES. And you know, all is subject to change, depending on what the Chili does to me, the night before, and if Robert dresses up........... HAHAHAHA

4. Ken; One should always remain open for negotiation, Being almost older than dirt I just can't remember what I was negotiating. I seem to get younger at every event whenever I can get off of my leash. LOL

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Burrrrrrrrr!

Attached Files:

6. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Put it between the headlites and the windshield, flywheel to the rear. Glad I could clear up the confussion. Who stole his "Boyd 24s" off the front? At least they left a nice stick of firewood to keep Tim warm!

7. Ain't she purdy,
    [​IMG]

8. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Listen to him Doc. I have seen this done before and that's where it needs to go.I'll go check ,but I'm almost positive that's where I have mine. Too bad you already hung that door because it looks like you have it on backwards. Slow and steady wins the race man!

9. kisam

kisam

Doc, your imaginary engine is in your imaginary forest behind your car! But I assume that when driving in that forest - you have a 10 second car?

Gary, it's too early in the morning to look at her/him! Scared me!

10. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Now I'm confussed! Maybe the doors are right and it's a rear motor car and the flywheel goes toward the headlites, no wait!

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I usually run into Big Tony by now and get a stack of the post card sized flyers for the Thaw to hand out at the swap meets. I've missed him this year and I'm heading to the Capital Swap Meet about 4 am in the morning. Guess I'll have to yack it up this time.

12. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

You might be on to something there Bill! Guess he put his headlights on the back so that he can see where he's been. He's really thinking outside the box on this build!

13. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looked like it was in front of the car when I was there.
    Got a tranny yet?
    I might have one for you.

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

Im itchin to race and counting down the days for this .The Dodge hasnt been moved since October ,so i hope it will still run .Can anyone (Ken or Tony) tell me what class the Dart will be in for heads up racing :) ???

15. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I hope it's not that tranny I saw on page7!!!

James is gonna build me a powerglide and I'm going to
    watch and hopefully learn a
    thing or two.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  16. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I'm confussed, how many one's are in one or maybe I am one?

17. The Shocker

The Shocker

PG in a light car ,you wont be sorry John .I love mine .Mine has 120+ hard passes and still going strong .I just dont have the HP to do it justice ...

18. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Fixed it for ya bud :D. Hope to make it up for the Thaw.

Later

19. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

[​IMG]

20. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

You hold your own man. I could say that about Doc too, but it would mean something else all together...:eek:

21. saltracer

saltracer

Blasted, What about us folks from Louisiana? I'm offended that you haven't offended us with some rude commend!

By the way, is there going to be a Flathead class? Are Skot and myself the only Flatheads planning to attend?

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

Damn thats sick :D:D:D ...

23. The Shocker

The Shocker

Gives a whole new meaning to getting a hole shot :eek:...

24. bigken

bigken

Oh hell yea - Flatties Forever..................
    Stock Flatties will be D/SR.
    Hot-rodded Flatties will be D/HR.
    And crazy ass fast ones (blown ones) like Skot has, will be C/HR.

25. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Is Coon Ass one word or 2? Just asking!

26. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Well since you asked Bill

Coonass or Coon-Ass derived from the continental French word "connasse", which translates loosely to dirty prostitute. Now you know what to ask for next time you travel in to Louisiana. LOL

27. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

An abacus i thought he was the dad in "to kill a mockingbird"!? sometimes when i get up in the morning, it's harder than japanese arithmatic! get it?????? doc i broke my arm and cant drive a stick , so i'm gonna see if my 9 year old son will shift for me? i think i will tape him to the floor so the tech guy wont see him?! cya herb.

28. seatex

seatex

Hearing the THAW is cancelled this morning??? something about the Texas Timing Ass pulling out, or something? Can anyone kill this rumor, please?

29. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I don't think TTA has anything to do with it. Torques CC host this event.

30. saltracer

saltracer

Hey, I got an idea.......I'll grudge race anyone with a flathead powered car for boudin! World famous Nu-Nu's boudin to be exact (right down the street from my house). If I win (doubtful, I would like a two liter bottle of diet Coke. Any takers?