Register now to get rid of these ads!

<<< Texas Thaw - Feb. 23rd Update >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hell not only that but your cookies will be there and up for bidding. And let me tell you boys she is one hot cookie.... and her little round dessert things are good too.. :p:eek::D

Seriously... Thanks a bunch Denise, This site is lucky to have good poeple like you supporting it.

2. bigken

bigken

DAMN THE LUCK - OF ALL THE THINGS TO HAPPEN.......
    Looks like our Vintage/Fuel/Alcohol cars to appear, has DOUBLED..............16 OR MORE Nostalgia/Nitro/Alcohol/belching/tire-melting cars are piling in. God this is gonna be good.

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man that is gunna be great.My wife and i will be heading out shortly .I hope that chili isnt too rough .I brought some Alka- Seltzer just in case ...

4. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

No my friend it will be BAD ASS! See you in a few hours.:D

5. Rusty

Rusty

AWESOME SO THE TIDE TUNRS AGAIN, LOOKS LIKE THE HAMMERED COUPE (Dirtys) and the DIRTY MIDGETS WILL BE HEADING OUT AROUND 10 am NORTHBOUND TOMMORROW BRUNCH TIME. GONNA BE A GREAT TIME HAD BY ALL

RUSTY

6. Judd

Judd

I'm stuck here on call at work. I better see some pictures at least damit!

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

So do the gates open at 9 or 10? The track website says 10.

8. green

green

I want to go. Can't though. The Decatur swap meet is this weekend.

9. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Im loaded and headed down to Texas.
    Pooch

10. Wesley

Wesley

I am planning on leaving the shop about 5am, should be at the track about 9:30-10 am. If anyone needs anything in the way of tools, let me know, I will check back before I leave the shop.

11. Wesley

Wesley

I guess this means nobody needs anything. I am on my way.

12. femadman

femadman

Just back "Texas Thunder Gang" had a blast,thanks guys,a bit windy,but looked like a nice crowd,racing and car show. Thanks guys for allowing the ole red 63 Ford run with ya'll,again we all had a blast.
    PS got to put a few faces with HAMBers who post here,and thanks to all that stopped by the "Texas Thunder" pit.

13. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

Thanks to all who came and helped by racing and bringing there rides. We had a great crowd (over 600 through the gate) We had a butt load of fun, and didn't loose too many cars to break downs. Thanks again from the Torques, and all our sponsors!

14. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Just got home, and what can I say. The first Thaw Drags was bad ass, except for the wind which brought the temp down. But have no fear the Torques were ready with a custom out door warmer.:D I think if it were not for that drum we all would have had frost bite. The music was great food was good racing had something for everyone, and most of all got to me old freinds and new ones. I for one can say I had a blast even if I did not get to race. And can only guess how much better next years will be! A special thanks again to the Torques and everyone who came to this event.
    Robert (Mr. Fajitas):D:D

15. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

What a great weekend! This was, without a doubt, the best inaugural event I've ever been to. Organized, laid back and a great time. I'll start another thread with the pics I took today.

16. Big Tony

Big Tony

Holy Crap...That Texas Thunder car was killer freaking fast..one of my favorite of the weekend. And thats says a lot due to the cars outs there today.

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

Special Thanks to alot of HAMBers, Mike (StockerRod), Root, Blasted, Boom Boom and the Chupacobras, Satans Ride, Crash, Slide....so many more ... Sorry i'm exhuasted and not thinking and sorry i missed ya'll name.

Special Thanks to 31 mofo, Robert kept us fed all weekend.

Most of all I want ya'll to know that Casey and Boom Boom that the drags were the roundy round track cause they went over and over and over..but came out big winners....Hell Casey made like 40 passes...seriously 40 passes...I saw the timing slips, Plus he is now a trophy whore since he won three today.

CONGRATS to all winners, showers, and racers for an awesome weekend.

18. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Got to go as a non combatant observer. Had a good time.
    Got to see a lot of neat cars,some old freinds and got to meet some new folks too.
    Got some hot chili,(good thing to cause it was cold last night.LOL)
    Now for some pics....
    The first thing I saw after I got there besides Big Ken,""Murphy"",You all know him,
    had a visit with Satans Ride a little later in the evening.....
    [​IMG]
    The second thing was the bad boy heater.....
    [​IMG]
    Got to meet Casey and his mighty Flathead Donut Maker.......
    [​IMG]
    His second favorite toy.This damn thing is a riot........
    [​IMG]
    The Avalon Speed Shop Stude,he's got it winding tight now......
    [​IMG]
    One of my favorite Fiats,front and rear........
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    One of the stranger race cars there,a super modified with a glide,
    a blown small block,a home made flying toilet,and open tube quickie.......
    [​IMG]
    The prize table.......
    [​IMG]
    The strangest COE ever.......
    [​IMG]
    Kenny Riersons Digger,one of the nicest around and just keeps gettin' better...
    [​IMG]
    The officialy retired,ex proprieter of Ardmore Raceway,
    Johnnie Lairds new digger,he got all his licensing runs in and signed off on today.........
    [​IMG]
    A few other random cars for ya............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last from me but certainly not least,
    one o them Dirty cars.Man this thing looks good with the roof smacked and some black paint
    Thanx for bringing the bell housing guys.........
    [​IMG]
    Well that's it for now I'm sure there will be more to come.Nighty Night.

19. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Great Event Guys!! Y'all did your homework. Now if I could figure out how to link my too large photos...!! K

20. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Sorry about that expanded frame thing.
    I don't do it often but when I do it really bugs me.
    Prolly you all too.
    Ahhhh,that's better.
    I'll try to do better next time.Good nite again.

21. Wesley

Wesley

I too had a blast. Kudos to the Torques for a well run event. Thank you for inviting the TXTA.

22. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

TEXAS THAW.........or the mini 55 Chevy Nationals..lol Now I know where they are all located....North Texas!
    Dan has already posted that the Texas Thunder bunch had a blast....and let me add my 2 cents worth to that. We patched up the Ford just for this event and were just going for a little test and tune..........Never worked on the "hook" but ran an easy 6.502@110 on the first shot...........came back and ran a nice 6.28@109 and lots a change...........a total success for us. Brought it home in one piece.
    As for the "Thaw"...what I saw was one hellofalot of folks having a really good time. A well organized event, plenty of nice cars, some very fast cars and some very "interesting" cars and trucks...........Like Dan, I also got to put some faces to the names and some names to the cars.........Ready to do it again.
    Congrats to the Torques for one hell of a fun time.

Mark

23. saltracer

saltracer

I would also like to add my congratulations and thanks to the Torques for putting on the great event they hosted. I also want to thank my friends Gary and Tom. (F100 and Dutched32) My son and I could not have attended and had such a great time without their support. thanks

24. femadman

femadman

Hey,ya just gotta love "Frankinford"......COEs are just cool.I shoulda bought the 37 Ford COE,but alsa hind sight is 20/20

25. The Shocker

The Shocker

It was nice to meet you YoBaby .That shot you took of me under the Falcon was me clamping the traction bars against the springs about 5 minutes before i blew the rearend ...

26. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Ya I know that's why I said Murphy visited you later.I just thought I'd let you tell the tale. Neat truck by the way.

27. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I think I could have made a few more ?
    but you kept slowing me down getting in my way on that 4 wheeler.

28. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hell i was just trying to tell you to quit turning left cause the nascar track was down the road...you had to be getting dizzy...around and around and around you go:D

29. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Thanks again guys you put together a great event. It was worth putting my paint guy off for a week. I didnt break anything this time and actually got to find out what my car could do. Now its off to the paint shop so the next time you see it it will be yellow all over.

30. dutched32

dutched32

It was a first class event and a first class group of guys that hosted it and attented it.Had a great time and look forward to next year