Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas guys - free State money for junking a car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuiltFerComfort, Jan 18, 2008.

1. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I know next nothing about this, but it may be of some use to a few of you in the Dallas, Houston, Austin metro areas.

"Is your car or truck 10 years old or older? Or has it failed an emissions test? You may qualify for up to $3500 toward replacing your vehicle"

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/air/mobilesource/vim/driveclean.html

(This is limited to certain metropolitan counties and is income-restricted.)

It seems you have to 'retire' the old car - but lots of guys have donors they send off to the scrapyard when done, so maybe there is an angle to work here.

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

It's only for cars that fail emmissions tests. Or have poor emissions. It has nothing to do with cars that are older and don't require emissions.

Plus this is just a credit to put toward a new vehicle. Not free money.

This in NO WAY effects us and our old cars.

Now if I were driving a 86 caprice and it failed... I'd look into this.

This has been beat to death on there a year ago....

3. BBobb

BBobb

tHEY ARE ALSO DOING THIS WITH OLDER SEMI-TRUCKS.ONE OF MY FRIENDS WITH A SMALL TRUCKING COMPANY JUST RECIEVED 110.000 FOR TURNING IN A 79 MODEL.THE ONLY CATCH WAS THAT HE DID USE THE MONEY TOWARDS A NEW TRUCK