Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Tell momma I'm getting out on June 6th...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, May 29, 2020.

1. Ladies and gentlemen, that's right, it's true, 84 already registered from what Quain told me, gears jamming, front wheels in the air, that sweet smell of rubber burning, yep, Southeast Gasser Association is running at London dragstrip!! After that long ass winter, and the freaking apocalypse, it kinda feels like I'm getting out of prison!!!! I'll be wearing a mask, with a little hole in it for the straw that's sticking out of my beer can ;) Hell yeah! Summer's back!!! Tell the warden to kiss my ass!!!:cool:

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Lucky:) Have fun and stay safe everyone.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have never been to a SEGA show, it cannot be described without being there in person. Period correct cars leaving the line at 10 grand, jerking the wheels in 3rd gear, burnouts, back up girls, it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Have fun, -Abone.

4. Hey Lloyd where’d you get that awesome idea?:D:cool::)

Deuces, Thor1, loudbang and 1 other person like this.

5. My friend Scott from Indiana sends me this text message and says "hey the gasser's are racing in London on the 6th and I'm gonna be there, are you?' So i got a trade day at work and the rest is history :p:D

Deuces, chryslerfan55, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Should be more fun than a barrel full of monkeys! I’m excited!

7. You've got that right! I can hear the dragstrip running here, it's just over the hill from my house, but they aren't letting spectators in :mad: they're taunting me! :D

Deuces, chryslerfan55, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  8. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

I am not a number, I am a free man...

9. catdad49

catdad49

Lloyd and Scott, your life will never be the same after going to this event. Stop by the Gasser Gear trailer and tell Stephen that Carp sent ya. Enjoy!

10. Oh yes! Watched em run at Clay City 2 years ago. Nowhere near 84 cars there that year. This is gonna be a damn blast ;) now if they don't cancel the reunion I'll be good for 2020! I'm happy as a puppy with 2 peters :D going crazy from being in this garage all year o_O

11. There’s another SEGA event in July about 4 hours from my house in southern Indiana, my buddy lives fairly close. So that should be fun as well!

catdad49, Deuces, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  12. I had completely lost interest in drag racing since it had evolved into the expensive sponsor endorsement driven event where the average guy could no longer be a part of, Quain was fortunate enough to have sponsorship to play with the big boys and did well but when the backing was no longer available Quain decided he wanted to bring back a simpler time in drag racing,

I met Quain when he talked my childhood hero and friend,Gene Cromer into letting him bring back The Moonlighter to life and from that moment I was impressed with just how much this man appreciated the history & the people that were involved in the Gassers from the beginning.

I watch Gene Cromer run when I was 13 years old and he was driving the Moonlighter and shortly after Quain headed up the restoration of the Moonlighter I was fortunate enough to be with all the people that helped with the car and the debut as the car was pushed to the line for it's maiden trip down the track, that's when it dawned on me that I was witnessing history repeating itself , It had been 50 years since that 13 year old kid hung on the fence watching my hero driving the same car.

I'm pleased that I can call Quain my friend and he has reintroduced not only me to the best drag racing but thousands of other people, both young and old.

I am not able to build a car to compete but I do my best to support the Southeat Gassers, HRP

bchctybob, Deuces, lo c dan and 14 others like this.
  13. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I lifted this video from the Southern Flyer thread. Gives you a little taste.

-Abone.

Deuces, LBCD, lothiandon1940 and 11 others like this.
  14. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Awesome! Glad to hear it, but talk about it too much and some grumpy a-hole is likely to complain to the powers that be and have the thread removed. For some folks it still "no fun allowed"....

Deuces, Thor1, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  15. I guess some people can't stand to see others having fun. That's sad.

catdad49, Deuces, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  16. If you have not seen the SEGA man you have missed one of the greatest shows on the wheels. These guys have some of the coolest drag car and drive the hell out of them.. You will have some thing to talk about on the way home after seeing them. We were able to see them again at Steel in Motion a couple week ago. And cool as ever. And yes just so good to get out of the house for awhile.

Deuces, Thor1, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  17. Budget36

Budget36

"and my old lady she don't care"

Sorry, read that and EJ popped into my mind.

Deuces, Thor1, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  18. I always bet on you when drag racing but I think this guy could give you a run for your money! HRP

Deuces, Thor1, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  19. Everytime I watch that i pee on myself o_O Kinda like when the old lady runs the microwave. Well, at least since they put that steel plate in my head :confused::D That little car is BADASS :cool:

20. southcross2631

southcross2631

I will see you there. My car isn't ready yet but my wife and I will be there. I will be wearing a mask and have my new Liberty's Gears t-shirt they sent me.
    Stop me and say hi. I need to do a spy run on a certain yellow Comet super Stocker.

bchctybob, catdad49, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  21. OK cousin Eddy

catdad49, 427 sleeper, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  22. Mrs. Stone will be with me, I'll keep an eye out for ya ;)

23. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Got to Luv the Trade Day. Pay back or Ahead ? I am at the point I never have to trade Ahead, plenty of young knuckle heads needing a emergency switch on a Tuesday in February . I have 3 24’s coming this summer.

catdad49, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  24. I'm in the hole! I owe 2 days already lmao :rolleyes: but i asked one of the guys to cover me for the races, and he said if I'd cover him for a fishing tournament he would, so kind of a wash lol I'd much rather just flip flop instead of working a 48 hr shift:eek:

25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I was planning on going to Lassiter Mountain this month when SEGA was going to be there, but they had to reschedule to August, so I doubt I'll go now. Too damn hot to enjoy it that time of the year around here. I'll just have to wait and see if they come back next spring when it's cooler, I just can't take that August heat much anymore....:(:(:(

26. Mav I'm the same way, i burn up in Louisville in August at that show, and now the reunion is postponed til August, unless they cancel it that is. Plan on tent camping there o_O:D

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  27. I haven’t set foot in KY in a coupla years, do i need a passport or anything like that? I have kin folk there so i believe i’m grandfathered in. I’m really looking forward to this weekend, i get to spend time with a buddy i’ve known since the late 70’s And meet my new buddy Lloyd in person. I’m going to take some masks but i hope to not need them, does anybody know about that in London KY? Anybody else going? We could all meet somewhere. I hear Lloyd is buying the beer!

catdad49, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  28. You're good man, just drop your northern accent and cuss a lot lmao! And of course I'll buy the beer! Cheap, diet beer :D

29. 1ABED16E-E8A8-42D4-9F3A-162753868DC6.jpeg