Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical dificulties

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Mister E., May 4, 2018.

1. Mister E.

Mister E.
    from USA

Hello, newb here. I'm working on a 1958 apache that has sat for a few years and it is getting the dreaded no spark out coil routine!

Have changed the coil twice with same results. Also the ballast resistor was split in 2 so replaced it. Still no difference.
    I am new to working on these beautiful trucks, but have always wanted one since I was a kid. So part of My dream has come true lol.
    Anyway, its a straight six, starter button on the floor, with ignition/ key switch on dash. Manual transmission, looks to be a 1 ton chassis with heavy spring setup in rear.
    So here is My question, how do I get spark from coil? I know I need new battery terminals and cables since the originals are severely corroded and I'm sure there is a lot that I will probably have to do. But I would really love to get the ol girl up and running asap.
    Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We will be happy to help you but you posted your problem on the wrong sub forum. This is for computer and forum problems.
    Please go to the H.A.M.B. forum.

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio