Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tech Week...dropped pitman arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alphabet soup, Oct 4, 2015.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did a lot of fabbing while building my car. But this took a little thinking. I used the stock '40 front suspension. But added about three leaves to the spring to get the nose-up stance I wanted. I am using a '68 Nova steering box. When I tried to hook the drag link to the pitman arm it ran uphill at a crazy angle. I wondered what the 4wd guys were doing about that with suspension lifts. I went to the local 4wd shop and ended up getting a 4" dropped pitman arm for a CJ style Jeep. And for a few extra bucks the guy put a tapered ream in the drag link hole so the end would fit nice and tight. The drag link is now almost parallel to the tie rod. Very little bump steer. You can get them for manual or power steering. 002.JPG 002.JPG

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Good info. My previous source was L&S power steering, but since it changed hands they hardly sell parts any longer.