The original door panels on my '55 Dodge had good vinyl on them but the boards behind them were totally shot, leaving the vinyl to flap in the wind. This is the process I used to redo them. I realize there are other techs on making door panels from scratch, so some of this will be redundant, but this is a little different. Here's pics of the panels as they were on the car, you can see on the bottom the vinyl is all loose and wrinkley. Looks like shit and after a while that vinyl is going to be destroyed from getting caught in the door jamb. Here you can see the driver's panel from the back side, it's really wasted. When I got the car, there was a mouse nest in the driver's door so big you could only roll the window down a couple inches. I took the panels off and I touched the bottom vinyl, -crack- oh shit! It was all brittle and shitty. I read somewhere on the HAMB about using baby oil to soften up old vinyl, so I rubbed down the vinyl with baby oil and brought the panels inside where it's warm. It really seemed to help, I think it would all have crumbled away otherwise. Luckily, the door panel board on the passenger side was at least intact enough to use as a pattern. I pulled out all the staples around the outside edges, took the stainless trim off, and peeled back the old vinyl. I set the vinyl aside to use later. Then I took the board without the vinyl and traced it out on the new material. I'm using 1/4" Luan board, as suggested by other HAMBers who have used it on door panels. It takes a staple well, it's easy to cut and it's cheap, a 4x8 sheet cost me $13. Then I cut the pattern out using my jig saw (which still has the $5 rummage sale price tag on it) and I cut the holes in it using a hole saw set that some nice Chinese slave children made for me (from Harbor Freight for $3.99) Finished, it looks like this When I make the driver's side, I'll use the passenger side door board as a pattern again, I'll just flip it over. The driver's side board is too far gone to trace out but they're a mirror image so it won't matter. I stapled the vinyl back into place along the top edge, then I spray glued the board and the vinyl, working my way down from the top. Once I had it glued, I stapled the rest of the edges, and this is what it looked like on the first attempt.