Some of you guys have asked about how I made my front disc brake covers and I promised to do a tech post on them. Well since it's now officially tech week, I guess it's time. I looked through all the photos of my build and discovered that I didn't take any pictures while I was making the covers. So I've done a few sketches to illustrate each step. I got my front disc brake setup from Speedway Motors. They along with many other manufacturers make lots of different styles that mate stock style GM calipers and rotors to early Ford spindles. The biggest difference I've noticed between all the different caliper brackets is whether the bracket mounts on the inside or the outside of the spindle. My bracket mounts to the outside of the spindle so that's what the illustrations will reflect. The brackets that mount to the inside of the spindle could also be used with a few changes to the design. First I bought a couple of 40 Ford front backing plates. I removed all the adjustment hardware, welded up all the holes and ground everything smooth. Here's a sketch of one of my caliper brackets. Three of the holes bolt to the spindle and the outer two are for the caliper. I lined up the spindle holes in the backing plates with the corresponding holes on the bracket, and then marked the backing plate where they overlapped. I then removed that material from the backing plates. Next, I welded the caliper brackets to the backing plates, and ground the welds smooth. Here's a view from the back or outside of the caliper. Using the left over material I cut off the backing plates, I made ten 1/2" x 1/2" tabs and welded five to each backing plate. Then I formed two metal bands from 16 gauge sheet metal for each side. One was 3/4" wide and the other was 2-1/4" wide. The 3/4 " bands were bent to fit around the outside of the tabs on the backing plates, and the 2-1/4" bands were bent to fit in the inside of the tabs. I made the bands in two pieces to simulate the stepped look of a brake drum. I drilled 5 holes in each band that lined up with the tabs on the backing plates. Finally, I plug welded the metal bands to the tabs on the backing plates and ground the welds smooth. This is the finished assembly. Here's a couple of shots of the covers installed on the car.