Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: DeSoto bumper dimensions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rem, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Rem

Rem

Hopefully this qualifies as tech? Can anyone please give me the section dimensions of '37 DeSoto bumpers, as in the sketch below?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. 53chevy

53chevy

If you can wait till Friday or Saturday, I get the two I have in the rafters of the garage if someone hasn't chimed in yet? I know there is a little difference between the front and rear. I'm thinking that the fronts were used for front and back as the curve was more gracefull and the rear had more curve, make sense?

Ken

3. Rem

Rem

Thanks, that would be appreciated. I would obviously like a set of genuine ones, but with all this DIY tech around, I was pondering fabricating my own. Originals would have to be shortened for my application, and if using fresh steel there would be less work ($$$) for the platers.

4. Flop

Flop

h=4 3/8"
    f=3/8"
    p=7/8"
    t=1/2" didnt understand you picture to well about t but i measure the inside of the ripple on the back of the bumper

5. yea the rear one curves out and the front one is sorta flat or straight. the stock rears look good if you keep the spare tire on a '36 ford, but most people use 2 fronts. a decent set went off on epay for $450, i was thinking of going with the briz ones.

6. Rem

Rem

Thanks guys. pgh57.., the 'T' dimension is meant to be the depth of the ripple - did you mean 1/8"? Or is the 1/2" including the flange 'F'?

1oldtimer, it would be nice to find a couple of fronts, but especially over here I'm more likely to find rockin' horse pooh! I did miss a set that needed some work for about the equivalent of $450, but while making my mind up (and trying to scrape the cash together), they went elsewhere. He who snoozes, loses!