Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: Cheap and superficial headliner repair...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 22, 2007.

1. It doesn't matter if you have an old car with a cloth and bow type headliner or a new one with the cloth glued to foam covered cardboard, this little trick will work.

All you need is a couple of packs of these little twist pins that Grandma used to hold the doilies on her armchairs...

[​IMG]

I did the headliner in my old Caddy that had the cloth and bow type by taking my material and running a "hem" along the edges by folding it over and taping it with cloth tape. Measure out where you want the pins (if you care that they're spaced evenly) and screw them through the new fabric into the old. I did mine an a diamond pattern. They stay put pretty good, and if they get loose, just twist 'em in. You can put a little dab of glue on the head too.

I just did the headliner in my '95 Dodge truck, too. It's the foam and cardboard type and they're notorious for letting go when the foam deteriorates. Same thing, just jam some of these babies in and your pomp will love you for it. You might want to start the hole with a straight pin, but don't get it too big.

Sorry, no pix, but you get the drift...

JOE:cool:

2. dbu8554

dbu8554
    from Vegas

im having a hard time understanding this one can we get more pics or PM me thanks alot

3. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Any more details on this?
    The head liner in my wagon is coming apart at a couple of seams. I'm not ready to replace the liner, but I'd like to try and repair the sagging at the seams. The liner is getting old and is pretty brittle.
    I tried white duct tape, that lasted about 2 hours before falling off....

4. Squablow

Squablow

I'd like to see pictures of this done as well. I've seen people pin their headliners back into place but usually looks like a bag of ass, if you've got a method to put something together that actually looks good then I'm interested.

How much of the original headliner needs to be in place?