Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: Build your own Sixshooter pedal pads with matching Shifter Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by its_a_nick, May 28, 2007.

1. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

After putting the pedals in the coupe i wanted some cool pads to put on them. I was going to use some basic aftermarket pads but i couldn´t find any i liked. So one night I came up with a idea that i thought would work.
    1st get some empty rounds that have the size you like.
    [​IMG]
    The ones i had were 11mm in the open end and 12,3 in the other.

2nd I got some laser cut plates in 3mm stainless steel in the size i thought would match the 6 rounds together in a circle. 50mm on the outside with 6 12mm holes on a 34mm circle.
    [​IMG]

3rd Attach the plates to the pedals. I just welded mine on the pedal.
    [​IMG]

4th Because the rounds have different sizes in the ends all i had to do was knock them in there.
    [​IMG]

5th Hammer all of them in there. (Make sure the rounds are used):eek:
    [​IMG]

6th Do the rest of them. (dont look at the messy workbench in the background)
    [​IMG]

I think they turned out alright. The shifter was the same plate that i welded a nut under.
    [​IMG]

Havnt got any good pics after i put them in but i think it looks cool.

Thanks for looking.

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Neat Idea, I'd like to see some pic's of them in the car please.

B:)B

3. Degreaser

Degreaser

4. Bert

Bert

great idea, dont know if Id have all the shells as full length, braze around each of em in from the back and cut em off...thats just my 2c, but I like em......maybe leave the shifter shells full length though...cheers, Bert

5. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Id cut them, but they look badass. Nice look and easy to do. question where would i get spent casings? i have no friends.

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i like the shells full length..,,because at first i thought you were going to cut them just so you see the heads,,but when you got to the 7th pic ,i realized you werent going to trim them,,and i thought that was so cool,,also beacuse it makes the shifter knob look so much cooler...

,,in the 2nd shot(no pun intended:D) it looks like the plate is rounded,,that would be cool if you had the machinery to do that,,,,

7. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I like them long as well. Look more like bullets than if they were cut. Just my opinion. Good Job. Very clever.

8. Turbopackman

Turbopackman
    BANNED

I now have a use for the 100's of spare .303 British I have laying around! If someone needs some, let me know how many you need, as I save all my brass when I go shooting.

9. It would look even better if you had a reloader and could install new lead with no powder.:eek:

10. celibaterifle

celibaterifle
    from Australia

I was thinking the same thing.

Awesome job.

11. Hot Rod Tom

Hot Rod Tom

Yeah, turn down some fake bullets from some aluminum to a slip fit, and stuff them in. Maybe a little solder for insurance.

Very cool pedals.

12. Just go to the local shooting range. They usually reload them and sell them, but they would probably let you have a handfull. Rent a gun and bust some caps while you are there, it's a blast!:)