Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods tear down 47 pu

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by outlawsteel, Feb 21, 2009.

1. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

just started on my 47 ford pu today i pulled off all the unnessecary parts like all the front sheetmetal running boards (wut was left of them) rear fenders, bumpers they where homemade and weighed bout 200LBS. the next couple of steps will be to get it to the blasters and put a coat of epoxy on it and start replacein body parts and chop and channelin it till she is sittin on the ground.Ill try and get some pics of her right now up tommorow and ill keep yall updated on her

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

awesome. Can't wait to see them

3. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

also im lookin for an old beer keg to use for my gas tank and some old army ammo boxes to make a battery box out of if anyone has one of these or both and would like to get rid of them cheap please let me know

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

hey...enough of that jerking off stuff... my mother in law reads this stuff....

5. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

im havin trouble uploading the pics of the 47. If anyone has a driver side door for a 47 pu i really need one thats not to bad the one i have is repairable but i would really like to start with something in a little better shape.
    I wanted to go the flathead route on the truck but although it would look great with the flathead i love my tire melting neck snapping power and plus i have a 472 i pulled out of a 69 caddy i been wanting to put in something for awhile now so im gonna go that route from the factory that beast had 375hp and 525ft lbs so with a mild build i think that will be plenty enough to satify my lead foot

6. Kustm52

Kustm52

7. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

here some pics of 47 when i was tearin her down just got her back from blasters today (man i got some work to do) but the progress is movin foward ordering my drop axle and spings probaly tommorow and im gonna try and get the 472 mounted in there in the next couple of days starting to collect some very cool parts for her got some pineapple grenades the other day got a old 70s beer keg for my gas tank but i still want another one cant say why its a secret hopefully things will keep moving foward like they have been and i can atleast get it chopped and channeled and in primer in bout 2 months

Attached Files: