Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tbucket Frame Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ichoptop, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

I want a level low look when my bucket is finished so I plan on using a 5-7" drop front axle. I also am planning on using a buggy type rear suspension (probably an A spring). How much kickup should the rear of the frame have while still keeping a non kickup front?

2. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey chop....the way i did my A coupe and it should be the same for almost any rod, was mocking it all up on wood blocks. if you know the finished tire diameter front and back then you know where the axles are gonna sit. from there you can set the frame and body at the desired ride height front to back and then it is just a matter of looking at your suspension pieces and seeing where they will have to be mounted, including the springs. my buddy Jimv on here will be glad to help you too, he has a T-bucket he built himself but he is in lake george this week. shout him out on here on sunday night and i'm sure you will get a response from him. hope this helps, mike