Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tarkanyi Bros of Michigan,32 3W Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Human Fly, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Below are images from Rod Builder & Customizer Oct 1958.
    I have had this little book for a long time, and on page 8 & 9 I have always been crazy about the 3w on there, I have never been able to find anything else on it, never heard of the Tarkanyi Bros.
    I am basing my car around the styling and stance of this car, I just love it, its sooooooo right, some may think ehhhh just another 3w, but this one has something that just does it for me.
    So I would like to get some more info on this car, so that I may continue my romance :)..........

Attached Files:

LOUIELOUIE and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. phat rat

phat rat

There's a chiropractor named Karl Tarkanyi in Novi. Just Google the name, ph and address are both there.

3. owen thomas

owen thomas

I don’t remember the Tarkanyi brothers, but that car would have been in the Detroit Autorama show in 1958. I was involved with that show. It was at the State Fair Grounds, and co-sponsored that year by the Michigan Hot Rod Association and Michigan Sports Car Club. I knew Marty Ribits who I think was from Lincoln Park. Marty showed his Bill Hines built ’34 Ford with Buick engine (and Dynaflow if I remember correctly) at the ’58 show. Marty is gone now, but there are still a lot of old timers around who would remember. Is Bill Hines still around? Dick Dean? Check with the MHRA – maybe send them an email.

4. Hines is still chompin on cigars and spreding lead. Dick Dean passed a few months back

5. Thanks alot, I will send them an e-mail.
    At least its a start.

6. Martino

Martino

7. Martino

Martino

My buddies bought the car recently. The hemi is rebuilt and presently putting the car back together to show it at Detroit Autorama in the basement. Look for it at the Singlefingers Garage !

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    kiwijeff likes this.
  8. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very COOL ,pepto paint an all! Sounds like a great plan. Have fun,haul ass!

9. Martino

Martino

The car is very cool !! It has allot of history !! Even the Detroit Drag Way trophies and time slips came with the car. And Detroit Autorama trophy's and dash plaques !

bowie likes this.
  10. Great old race car. Thats kind of what mine looked like when I found it. Would love to see more pictures!

11. Human fly: Check your thread. You'll be excited.

12. Tim,the fly was banned a good while back. HRP

13. Martino

Martino

I'll get some more pics this weekend !

14. Martino

Martino

Ok I had these and forgot about them ! Al-dave-tarkanyi-1932-ford10.jpg IMG_20141111_172915_412.jpg IMG_20141111_172928_591.jpg

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  15. Oh @#$%! Senior moment. I must admit, I'm curious about what gets you banned. Him and another recently. Probably good topic for a PM.

16. Ok.... Where...when....and how did you score this...

17. Martino

Martino

My buddies father in law has know the owners for years. They decided to sell it so it was bought. The car has been sitting in their garage since 1962.

18. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I'm curious what city it was stored in all of these years also. Back in 1984 when they used to have the Tuesday night cruise in at the Dearborn Twin towers, a gold deep channeled 32 3 window with flathead showed up one night which looks alot like this car in the magazine. Never seen it again and don't know who owned that one. I have several pictures I took of it but will have to scan.

19. Fixed it for ya'...

155 deuce.jpg

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  20. Martino

Martino

The car was in the owners garage in Dearborn Hieghts. As far as I know it was never painted gold and hasn't left the garage since 1962 until it was bought by my friends.

21. Martino

Martino

Thanks for the cleanup work ! It looks better !!

22. HOLY SHIT I cannot wait to see this thing at Autorama!!!

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

too friggin cool

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Martino

Martino

Heres a pic of it as a showcar when it had the flathead in it ! Tarkanyi 32 Coupe-2.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The gold car is a different car, just that it was built real similar. Bob Larivee once told me he painted all of the signs next to the cars at the early Autorama's such as the one next to it above.

26. Martino

Martino

Yes Larivee did paint the signs. And the one in the pic is still in great condition !!

27. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Here's the gold car from 1984, only seen it once and don't know who owned it. Not chopped as much. Probably in a Detroit area garage. 32 coupe 1984.jpg

kidcampbell71 and JimSibley like this.