Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tanks Inc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darby, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Darby

Darby

I want to buy one of their universal tanks for my truck. I tried calling them three times today, and got a busy or disconnected signal every time. Are they still in business? Anybody here on the HAMB a dealer? I'd be happy to support a HAMB'r, or even take an Alliance discount if they offer one--I'd join up, as it would probably pay a good chunk of it back right there.

Thanks!

2. BigChief

BigChief

I just bought a tank for my '48 Ford directly from them in June.....should still be kicking. Keep calling.

-Bigchief.

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I ordered a tank from them today..The line was busy for awhile...:)

4. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

i ordered one in april, got it really fast{ 4 days}, nice product.

5. 5window

5window

Forget them for direct sale. I tried to order one to pick up two years ago(I was out there on vacation). Unlike most mid-westerners,the woman who answered was really unhelpful. Told me I couldn't pick it up,they might not even have one in stock and I certainly couldn't just drop in.

So get yours from Yogi's in Iowa. Nice folks,easy to deal with,same price,good service. They have the right sending units,too.

FWIW,the universal tank I got is very well made,a quality piece and well worth the price.

6. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Try Yogi's, 1 800 373 1937, they are a dealer and will have them in stock..

7. Darby

Darby

Thanks for the info guys--must have just been my crummy luck calling when they were busy. I always assume a business will have voicemail or multiple lines.

If they don't pick up today, to Yogi's I go.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah what is up with their sending units? I bought direct 3 years ago and also got an early ford sending unit. My first gauge didn't work. Ok, I must have gotten the wrong ohms. So last winter I bought a new VDO 75-10 early Ford gauge. It still reads wrong! WTF?

I love the tank though. It is 2 gallons more than stock.

9. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I talked to them several weeks ago, but it took awhile to get through. They have a website:

http://www.tanksinc.com/

There is a dealer locator, to find a dealer near you.