Register now to get rid of these ads!

Taller guys...how much chop on your Model A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tumbler, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

I'm 6'2" and I'm planning out a potential model a coupe build. How much of a shop could you do and still be comfortable?

Scott

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

alot of variables to consider not channeled stock seat about 3 probably would be it
    Mine is 4 1/2 chop and I sometimes hit my head on rough roads I'm 6'0 however if you lower the seat you can gain alot of room

3. jick

jick
    from london

like Russco has said really....
    my 29A coupe was already chopped 4.5" when i got it, its all just parts at the moment and i have no seat so its kinda guesswork, but i'm also 6 2" so i'm not gonna be channeling the car but i figure i'm gonna be needing a fairly low-rise seat to be comfortable in it.

4. brandon

brandon

i went around 5.5" out of my old sedan ....had the seat on the floor. my buddy was 6'2 and fit pretty good....:D

Attached Files:

5. Also depends if you have a long torso or long legs.

6. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Build the car first, drive it. and if you think you can get away with acouple inches do it. A lot of people I see building cars right off the bat wack off up to 6 inches before they even have the parts to assemble the car.

Chop and paint should be last on your list.

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I don't know if comfortable is the right word. I was thinking more along the lines of possible. :D

8. Easy to work out. A model A seat is 12 1/2" from the floor to the front of the squab. At least it is on my Tudor. I have a 4" chop so I have to drop the seat to 8 1/2" to maintain the relationship. However, because the car has a fair sort of rake, I'm figuring another inch to compensate, bringing my seat height to 7 1/2".

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

This is my 6'3", 220 lb gorilla ass in a 4" chopped model a Coupe, seat set all the way back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

A friend of mine has a 31 on deuce rails.. Chopped it 7" .... I'm 6' and I fit in it fine.... I was REALLY surprised I fit in it so well and could see without problems..

Attached Files:

11. jspero

jspero
    from Maryland

I'm 6 foot. Mine has a 4" chop and 4" channel. I have a bench seat against the back wall. I can just fit with my butt against the front of the seat. I have to stop about every hour to stretch on long trips. It's a little tough seeing traffic lights, too. :)

Jay

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

a vertebre or two, and you should be good!!