Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tall front coils for a '55?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cut55, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

I want to get the front end of my '55 Chevy up about two inches using the stock A-frame setup. Does anybody make tall coils or should I use new stock coils and add doughnut spacers? Thanks in advance.

2. I think what you are lookng for are 63 fullsize wagon coils for a 409 car

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Thanks mr57. Have you ever put '63 wagon coils in a tri-five? I see you have tri-five experience.

4. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

Those will be too tall and slam the upper control arm onto the frame, if you install ball joint spacers they will work but it will raise you 5 inches not 2.

see:
    [​IMG]

Duke

5. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

ecklers make big block coil for tri-fives.. they are suppose to put a tri-five back up to stock height when you install a big block... i used them and ball joint spacers to get a little height... but looking back i would have used a set of hi-lift/or drag springs with the spacers to actually get weight transfer. because the heavy coils just lifted the front and they had no travel... i'd do 90/10 shocks w/ drag coils, and 4 leaf springs in back w/ a set of 50/50 shocks... and traction bars.

6. JC Whitney sells hi-lift springs (front and rear) for tri-5's