Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tales of the Rat Fink

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thepolecat, Jan 18, 2010.

1. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

There is a documentary from 2006 on Ed Roth right now on Ovation TV. It come on again at 5:30 and I am recording it. So far it is really good.

I thought everyone might want to know. I dont know if anyong has the station. I am in the Atlanta area so if you are a west coaster maybe it is on later.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it is also available on DVD.

3. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I had never heard of it before. I am adding that one to my collection for sure!

4. t-rod

t-rod

Funny you mention this right now. My buddy has the dvd and loaned it to me. I watched it just yesterday morning. Well worth the time to watch it.

5. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

6. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

I think Tales of the Rat Fink misses the mark as far as telling the story of Big Daddy. I have a Film and TV production company and we are in pre-production on the definative documentary on Ed Big Daddy Roth. And there won't be one blinking headlight talking car in the whole thing! I am going to make a formal announcment on HAMB as we are in search of original footage, shots of shirts painted by him, or just interesting personal recolections that we can film for the Doc. Thanks HAMBers!

7. I wasn't too fond of it also. Frankly I found it hard to watch the whole thing. But there was some great footage and pictures. It just seemed a little too cheesy.

Deathtrap keep us posted on how your progress with your documentary. I am definitely looking forward to it!

8. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

^ wow, can't wait for that one. and the blinking headlights are a bit much.

9. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

10. Janbert

Janbert
    from Estonia

Interesting timing indeed.. I just stumbled across it on youtube a few days ago.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gys-6znFEC8

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Ed Roth, the ultimate non-conformist. He was my hero for a while. I just tuned myself a few minutes ago. Cool show.

12. Rog

Rog

Yea its cheesy, but definitely worth watching.

13. should be called the "The tall tales of a Rat Fink" You gotta atleast watch it once.

14. Big Tony

Big Tony

One hell of a vid and one hell of a man

15. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I have the dvd too.Watched it on tv also last night.Was some pretty cool stuff,the end kinda got to me.Mentioning painting chariots and doing a T-shirt for "The Big Guy" upstairs.

Makes ya think that is what Big Daddy is doing.