Register now to get rid of these ads!

Taking a walk down memory lane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bonneville Avanti Dan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Went to storage and in looking for something else I found an old photo album. I sure wish I had all the photos of the over 100 cars and trucks that I have owned. I sure enjoyed looking at the pictures and reliving the memories. Some cars I wish I still had and some I wish I had finished. So I am going to take the next couple of days and post the pictures and tell the stories that go with them. I'll do them in cronological order to keep it simple and keep me from getting lost.

So I begin with my very first car. I purchased this car in 1966 for $150.00 when it was only seven years old. It had experienced a wiring harness fire that took out the engine compartment and under dash wiring. The lady who owned it had let her herd (I do mean herd, she was known in the town as the cat lady) of stray cats live in it. You can't imagine the smell. I had to strip and throw away the entire interior. The body was pretty straight but the paint had already gone bad. I don't think it ever saw wax after it left the showroom. I was 14 when I bought it. By the time I turned 16 I had rebuilt the entire car from bumper to bumper including the automatic transmission. I installed reclining bucket seats out of a Lark wagon that I bought for the engine, trans and interior. Repadded the dash. Bought a wiring harness and installed it. It was a very nice car and just needed paint when it hit the streets in 1968. Here's the pic of me having fun with the car at "Little Lions" in the San Fernando Valley.
    [​IMG]
    I only lost one race with the car and that was to a 396 Chevelle. It cleaned the clocks of every small block and every other big block it raced.
    More of the story tomorrow.
    Dan

2. Great idea Dan !!! Looking forward to more ! BCNU on the Salt !

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Subscribed! Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to more!