Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Hopefully there will be a big turnout at the hearing also we need to let them know its time to work with us guys, instead of putting people out of work taking away places that you hang out. Just like they did Central, Lets get them both back

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Does anybody know when and where the hearing is? I have plans to do a day trip tomorrow, but I can probably put it off for this.

3. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Would this fall under the county board of supervisors?

4. Guys, Was informed Saturday night that the county had moved the hearing back til Thursday and it is a closed hearing.I will post as soon as I hear something from management.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I would appreciate it very much if you would. I for one would have no qualms about crashing a closed hearing of our county supervisor board... Never been too happy with those folks.

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Closed hearing? That means the county and the track owners?

7. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Picket line out on the sidewalk?????

8. " a car show in St Johns next saturday ..."

hmm? care to tell us about it incase some may wish to go?

thanks for the promo help Keith...not<!-- / message -->

9. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Didnt see this,,, Cant do thursday,,,am getting my shoulder worked on again on thursday.

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

So are we hitting up McDonalds this week or should I pull the slicks out and head for Speedworld?

11. agrezy1

agrezy1
    from tn

man this thread brings back some good times!!! cruised central while going to az auto inst. back in 87-89 lots of nice rides and then at 1am head out to happy valley road for street races they had just paved about a half mile section can remeber 1/4 mile of cars on each side.guys use to run some big money races out there.man thanks for reminding me how good it was:D

12. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Hows it going Guys, did anybody hear what went on at the meeting? I hope we start getting a bigger turn out on Central this week, I don't have to to work this Saturday and am really looking forward to being there. When Central was dead and gone for along time I got to where I missed it but OOHH well, now that we are meeting again and talking cars and old times you miss it when you can't go. So guys I will be there and hope to see as many as possible.
    Have a good rest of the week.

13. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Last I heard, the tuesday meeting had been changed to thursday (today) & it had also been changed to a closed session with no outsiders allowed in. Have not heard anything else.

I was planning on going to Applekrate's car show in StJohns this saturday but a sale I had in the works fell through so am broke!! may have enough gas to get to the McDonalds though.

14. Today I received a mass emailed message from Max W Wilson, Maricopa County District 4 Supervisor, in response to a petition I signed. It is as follows:

Just passing along some information.

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Got the same email myself.

16. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

1 pm,,,Should be able to come out tonight. 7PM at McDonalds???? Anyone else???

17. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

im going out to check out speedworld tonight anyone else going ????

18. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Whats going on at Speedworld??? The big gathering to support the track was last saturday. Something else tonight??

19. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Well,,,,,,Only 4 show'd up on Central tonight. Nice perfectly clear evening, not a cloud in the sky. Was interesting when a bunch of young hotties came out of the local club & started walking down Central!

20. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

customer appreciation $10 to get in $10 to race free rafle tickets ...was nice out kinda a slow night but we still had fun

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I passed by about 10:00 and everybody was gone. I had a chance to hang out with my buddy's club last night and network a bit, so that had to come first. Hopefully, barring any family complications or other trip ups I'll be back out next weekend... You guys wouldn't believe my last month!

22. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Boy I tell ya when those girls walked up and asked for a ride, sure makes me wish I was driving the GTO instead of the Corvette. OOHH well yes a real nice night, and it won't be long and they will be getting better, Can't wait! Anyway have a great week guys, see you next Saturday night

23. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

24. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Can't wait for tonight will bring a camera with a flash hope some nice cars show so we can put them on the thread.
    See ya there

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was just informed by both of the women in my life that my evening is planned again... This being an adult crap is tough!

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Heading that way. Seems to be a shit-load of stuff going on 'round town tonight....

27. see you guys a week from yesterday. sorry i have been busy working in rio verde and its a long drive home in my truck.

28. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Kinda nice little turn out, weather is getting better. I did get some pictures and will post later in the week, It was a good time, looking forward next week end. You all have a safe Labor day week end and BBQ BBQ BBQ beer beer beer Fun Fun Fun
    All take care.

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Well guys, I've gone and done it now. Had some wiring issues, thought it was fixed, but it was not. All the wires are coming out of the truck saturday morning, but new ones may not be installed in time to meet you guys this week.

As always, anyone who wants to come laugh and point fingers and such is welcome. I'm in Avondale a mile south of the 10...

30. there is a guy that i got to visit in avondale to get some hubs and drums for a 54 chevy car so i can swap them on my 49 chevy truck when i get it in october. maybe i can stop by and do some pointing if i get paid enough tomorrow