Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest take a good at yourself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BURN OUT BOB, Oct 17, 2016.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Hang in there Bob you still have some good years left and things like this remind us what is really important.

2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I get some abdominal cramping from time to time. Sometimes from something as simple as leaning forward to change the radio station while driving. I have to stop, get out and stand up to stop it.

I always figured I'd be dead before I turned 30 and almost accomplished it several times but suddenly I realized I was 60 and wondered how I got so old. Bob has almost 20 years on me now.

loudbang and C. John Stutzer like this.
  3. mopacltd

mopacltd

Glad to see all worked out fine, Bob. Hope to see you again this year at the Hot Rod 100.

4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Holy Cow Bob! I am so glad to hear your on the recovery road! I am a much less experienced man at life than you for sure! But having had my intestines, bowels, colon, and a number of other internal organs looked at REAL close by surgeons. Some never made it back in! I can tell ya I truly believe there is something in the anesthesia that makes us humans reflect and plan a little bit differently after they have worked on us.
    Hope your future is brighter than your past and all your roads are smooth as silk from here on in! Joe

Stogy likes this.
  5. I was literally dead on 10/1/16 and brought back to life with a triple bypass, so I totally know where you're at. Hang in there, you'll be back in action in no time.

Stogy likes this.
  6. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Bob, thank you so much for sharing your story with us!....so often many of us just take so many things in life for granted, and not give much of anything a 2nd thought about life in general. We all love our cars and hot rod lifestyles, but.....I tell ya', ...the cars just don't come anywhere close to love of family and our own health of realistic priorities! I'm so glad you are on the mend, and reminding us of what is truly important....it's much appreciated!;)

7. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Glad to hear you are recovering Bob. Just remember to do as your wife and docs tell you......my heart attacks three years ago sure opened my eyes.

8. Lil32

Lil32

Look after yourself Bob

Noel

9. I can personally understand what you must have gone through. This summer I was suddenly diagnosis with a very serious medical condition. Without going into the details, I am in the fight of my life at age 71. I had to close down my shop. My body reaction to the treatment is very bad. However, the earlier results is promising. As it was said above" each day is a gift". I said a prayer for you. May God Bless.

Stogy likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

I forgot Bob can I have your T Bird when you check out :rolleyes:

11. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

+100

My wife has helped me through a head injury too, and I just got home from another scare with a pulmonary embolism that could easily have turned into a stroke instead. I think they make women tough and loving in Colorado.

12. phat rat

phat rat

That's cold

13. loudbang

loudbang

It's ok me and Bob are buds. :rolleyes: But I was too late he told me it is already gone :(

Stogy likes this.
  14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear you're doing OK, Bob.

I had a similar wake-up call 5-years ago and know exactly how you feel. We got a 2nd chance and I for one, am looking forward to making whatever time I have left, drama free and having fun everyday !

Stogy likes this.
  15. pinman 39

pinman 39

Hey Bob keep getting better would hate not to see you around here .

16. What's sad is that it takes a life threatening event in one's life to get him to open his eyes sometimes. I had mine 2 years ago at 48, last year they weren't sure I was going to make it, this year I feel pretty good.
    I definitely have a different outlook on life and sure try to not overlook the small things that I never seen in the past. Here's to a few more years for all of us and tell your loved ones you love them while you can, you just don't know.

Stogy, loudbang and TagMan like this.
  17. Glad to hear you are well! You are correct we never know. My wife and I just had our 45th as well. I was just saying at dinner tonight how much a simple knee operation had taken out of me. Working on getting my strength back by doing what I have always done. It just takes me longer. Enjoy every day. I am 69 and have lived longer than I expected already. I hate to say I am ready but if it happens I have been blessed and luckier than many. Go Man Go!

loudbang likes this.
  18. George I'm getting stronger every day but not as fast as when I was 20.
    Mitch I do every day all day every chance I get. I'm serious we are passionate about each other.

Stogy and falcongeorge like this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think my wife is pretty passionate about me...er, well judging by the volume she uses when shes addressing me, anyway...:eek::D