Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tacometer Wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wally55, Jul 7, 2009.

1. wally55

wally55

Just wondering if there is any one that knows where to find tac wiring diagrams?I have a tac that is out of the late sixties?it has no name on it anywhere.It has three wires that go to the tac,and two to the light.Of the three there is a green,red,black.Not sure where they connect.Any help would be Great,Thanks :confused:

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I've never wired a taco, just cooked them and eaten them.

Have you run a search on tachometer wiring here or on google? I'd think there is a diagram somewhere.

Like this:

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Autogage-Tachometer.htm

Installation of the Autogage Tachometer was fairly simple with only minor wiring including a wire to the distributor, a good ground, a 12 volt switched power source and a wire to power the tach's light. The following write-up is an overview of the installation I followed and includes a few illustrations from the installation guide provided from Autogage.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Or this:

http://www.egauges.com/ATM_Tips.asp?...green_wire.htm

<TABLE height=674 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=523 border=0 cool showgridx showgridy gridx="16" gridy="16"><TBODY><TR height=67><TD vAlign=top align=left width=313 colSpan=2 height=67 content csheight="55" xpos="191">Where do I connect the green wire on my tachometer?

The green wire reads the electrical pulses from the ignition. For most standard ignitions it connects to the distributor primary or negative (-) side of the ignition coil.

My guess is that your red is power and black is ground.

Read down the page on this link and you'll find it all pretty much.

4. If it is an HEI - get a dist cao with a tach pigtail

5. Roupe

Roupe

Tacometer? Is that what ICE uses to find illegals?

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The first thing is that spelling is gonna help you more efficiently search. Tachometer or tach for short will get you a whole bunch more info. Should be pretty standard though, black is ground, red is switched 12 volt, and green is the negative side of the coil. The large majority of the ones I've done have been that...

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Rascist comments are not welcome here dude.