Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T10 with funny shifter. What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jun 14, 2015.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Might be selling this at LARS swap for a friend. What should tell him it's worth.
    P.S. It is perfect!
    Gary

IMG_0272.jpg

2. just bought a rebuilt one for 300 and almost feel like I paid to much :) I am putting it behind a warmed 250/6 so its plenty transmission for what I want it for.

3. Numbers mean a lot to the restorer crowd.

4. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that shifter looks like it fits a '58-? chevy. other gm cars might be the same.

5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I might have worded that wrong. If it was yours what would you price it at.

6. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I seem a few early t-10s on craigslist down here in the last month 350-500 range ... I been kinda looking for a couple 4spds but more than 300 for a used unknown trans seems risky to me..

Looking for a 4spd I can tell you prices are all over the place ... Someone is always going to tell you it's worth 100 or its worth 1200 depends on whos buyin or sellin m22s seem to be the only thing that fetches big$$ consistent in the 4spds

7. I think the stick is for 55-57 Chevy to clear the bench seat.

8. Cobras have a goofy shifter like that, also

9. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

No Bob it was last in a bench seat Jeep. Not sure what it was initially in.
    I was going to put it in a Chevy C10 but the front plate was too small, the mount was in the wrong place and the spline was different. So the guy I was working with had a good 1/2 truck three speed with linkage so we used that.
    We opened The T10 up and it was perfect inside.
    Gary